2009 Escape XLT V6 - Check engine light - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 09:02   #1 (permalink)

2009 Escape XLT V6 - Check engine light

Hey Everyone, My name is Helena, I work for AutoGuide and actually sit right beside Cayne (the site admin)

I Was looking for some help with my Escape.

After about 6-8months of owning the car i noticed that it had an issue with acceleration, as in sometimes it would hold back power before moving into gear.

I brought this up with my dealership, and was told that is was from the traction control being on, and that the mechanic could not re-create the issue. I left it at that and continued to drive the car.

The car is not used very often and is mainly driven log distances on the highway as apposed to city driving.

Last month my check engine light came on, I had one of the guys here read my error codes and clear the light.

The code was:
Code: p 112
Code: p 20100

Cause: Mass or volume airflow circuit

The light did not come back on, and i really did not drive the car much from then to last night, when it came on again. I have noticed a few things since seeing the light. (the first time)
1. the car is not having a god time changing gears, it lags and power drops REALLY quickly after speeding up.
2. My gas is getting EATEN!

I am going to take it in next week.
Reading up on this type of issue it seems as tho Ford is Quick to dismiss these issues. I don't want to get told it is one thing when it is another. So as much info as you can share would be GREAT!!!!

Thank you all for help!

Helena
Half-Pint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2012, 09:14   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 2009 Escape XLT V6 - Check engine light

If it's stil under warranty, I'd have the dealer look at it again. make sure the light isn't reset before you go. How many miles are on it? Sometimes a dirty MAF will cuase running problems and sometimes they need to be replaced. That can cause poor mileage, poor shifting and other problems.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:30   #3 (permalink)

It has about 43,000 on it.

I bought it "slightly" used. It was the dealer model and had about 8000 on it when i bought it. But i got it 2009.

I take it for it's regular maintenance like clockwork every 6 months. It was just taken in in November.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:49   #4 (permalink)
Moderators

As Bert suggests , let them worry about fixing it .It has been maintained as per manufacturers schedule and is still under warranty , down to them .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:19   #5 (permalink)

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2012, 19:27   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Code P0112 Indicated Intake Are Temperature signal is less that the self test minimum.

Possible causes: Grounded Circuit in the Harness, Damaged sensor or Incorrect harness connection.

p 20100 doesn't seem to be a valid code.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum