Ford Forums banner

2009 Ford Escape Tranny issues

10K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  wptski 
#1 ·
:angry: I have a 2009 Ford escape and since day one I had nothing but complaints about this vehicle, the rear end noise which is know as the hoot, which my dealer tells me is my engine sucking air through the air filters, ya right....... My truck out of know where will accelerate hard and almost shoot my into traffic, has any of you had this issue? My transmission gets confused so my dealer says, it cannot find out what gears it is looking for and will cut all power off to the truck and I cannot get it to move, I was coming to a red light so I had my foot on the brake, when it turned green I was still moving so I hit the gas. Apparently it got confused and would not speed up it actually slowed down, it was reving up, reving down to the point the rpms stayed at 1000rpms. Until I took my foot off the gas and waited a few sec then tried again, then it accelerated finally. My dealer says this is normal for the six speed transmission and that I have to be patient and let it think, when it finally found a gear it hit so hard it actually banged, the dealer also said that thats normal and that I cannot hurt this truck! Well I guess I am used to the 4 speeds that no matter how much gas you give it it accelerates. My dealer refuses to help me on these issues and I hope other people have experienced this problem so I can go back to them and try once again to resolve this issue.

#6 ·
Ya they keep telling me there is nothing they can do for any of it, they say there is no calibration for the tranny at all. Its just lies all lies, they talk to me like I am an idiot and this truck is gold, I am so frustrated with this whole situation, it only has 7000kms on it and I have been complaining since 500kms. So ill go in again and see what they will do thanks so much for your help.
Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.