2010 Escape AWD transmission failure - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 08:42   #1 (permalink)

2010 Escape AWD transmission failure

My wife and daughter are stuck in Vegas transmission was working Ok went to pull into hotel parking garage and it would not make it up hill!

Local ford dealer Friendly Ford said there was a recall but going online to the Fordowner web site says no recalls?

Long story short dealer is saying could be 3 weeks and they could get a rental and Ford will probably reimburse? Ford of course is closed today?

Anyone have any experience getting reimbursed for rental or a phone number I can call?
komondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2010, 10:44   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: 2010 Escape AWD transmission failure

Hope this helps.

Quote:
RENTAL VEHICLES

In most cases, a rental vehicle will not be required. If a customer's vehicle requires a transmission repair and it is necessary to order parts, Ford will pay for up to two days of vehicle rental except for fuel and insurance which will be at the owner's expense. The parts order must be an emergency order (unit down) if the order is placed between 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM (your local time zone) to guarantee next day delivery. Prior approval for additional rental days is required from the Special Service Support Center. Rentals should be provided only while the vehicle is at the dealership for part replacement. Follow Extended Service Plan (ESP) guidelines for rental dollar amounts. Enter the word "RENTAL" plus the number of days the vehicle was used in the Miscellaneous Expense area of the recall claim form.

jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:14   #3 (permalink)

thanks I was hoping someone would have the "customer satisfaction program name" since it is not a true TSB

Now I am really pissed since the dealer is supposed to pay for the rental!
Old 12-18-2010, 14:26   #4 (permalink)

Spoke to dealer he said since we were out of town would be better to rent car ourselves then get $$ back from ford. Pretty pissed that their site shows no recall and his computer does. Right in the recall it says to get the car in right away. You would think they would make a better effort to let people know to get this done?

Anyone want to place bets on Ford paying my airfare from Denver to vegas?
Old 12-18-2010, 15:04   #5 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by komondor View Post
I worked for Mercedes Benz and BMW dealerships. They wouldn't pay for any airfare or rentals.
Old 12-18-2010, 16:33   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Spoke to dealer he said since we were out of town would be better to rent car ourselves then get $$ back from ford. Pretty pissed that their site shows no recall and his computer does. Right in the recall it says to get the car in right away. You would think they would make a better effort to let people know to get this done?

You would have received the notice in the mail long time ago. If you didn't, your VIN wasn't included.

'09 Ford Escape Limited, V6, 4WD
wptski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 16:38   #7 (permalink)

Quote:

You should have received a letter in the mail long time ago about the recall. If not, your VIN wasn't included.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:04   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wptski View Post
You should have received a letter in the mail long time ago about the recall. If not, your VIN wasn't included.
Never got letter car is included dealer pulled it up right away. Letters are not 100% effective, they have a web site where I registered and log onto it shows nothing they have my email address and nothing sent to that. Unless they are sending the letter certified it is pretty useless. Lots of people toss mail without giving it 2 glances. Since this was an issue that if it got worse costs more $$ to fix they should have made a better effort to let owners know? I used SYNC to pull up a health report and it did not say Service bulletin needs to be performed?

I have escalated the issue with Ford and was told someone should call me back tomorrow. Meanwhile I blind emailed about 6 Ford executives, i know they won't be read by them but hopefully by someone in customer service. next step will be local consumer advocate here in Denver. What frustrates me is that Ford requires the dealer to get preauthorization for rentals past 2 days but I can't get my airfare preauthorized, but the dealer says he believes Ford would pay it?
Old 12-20-2010, 19:41   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Never got letter car is included dealer pulled it up right away. Letters are not 100% effective, they have a web site where I registered and log onto it shows nothing they have my email address and nothing sent to that. Unless they are sending the letter certified it is pretty useless. Lots of people toss mail without giving it 2 glances. Since this was an issue that if it got worse costs more $$ to fix they should have made a better effort to let owners know? I used SYNC to pull up a health report and it did not say Service bulletin needs to be performed?

I have escalated the issue with Ford and was told someone should call me back tomorrow. Meanwhile I blind emailed about 6 Ford executives, i know they won't be read by them but hopefully by someone in customer service. next step will be local consumer advocate here in Denver. What frustrates me is that Ford requires the dealer to get preauthorization for rentals past 2 days but I can't get my airfare preauthorized, but the dealer says he believes Ford would pay it?
That website that you registered wouldn't tell you about the recall. The Ford Oasis System that the dealer has access to and using your VIN, it'll pop up. I seen the notice on my VIN and posted a copy of that notice in another forum within a few days of it coming out. It took a bit but I did get my letter.

It can be a three step job depending on your milage. Under 7K it's a PCM reflash only, if over 7K, a load test is performed. If it fails the load test, they rebuild a couple of clutches. Under 10B15 the transaxle isn't replaced, so I'm unsure of your issue.

Old 12-21-2010, 16:45   #10 (permalink)

well when they did the test on Saturday it failed all of them. I did get a hold of someone from executive services and explained my situation. Right now since Ford would reimburse me for a rental until my car is fixed the rental cost is 140/day for an Escape

Enterprise Midsize SUV
Air conditioning, automatic transmission, unlimited mileage.
Ford Escape or similar, 5 adults, 2 large suitcases, 1 small carry-on, 4 doors
Pick up:
Wed Dec-22-2010 10:30 AM Drop off:
Mon Dec-27-2010 10:30 AM
Location: counter in terminal, shuttle to car, Denver, CO (DEN) More location info
Hours of operation: 12/22/2010: 6:30 am - 10:00 pm, 12/27/2010: 6:30 am - 10:00 pm

1 week @ $719.01 /week $719.01
= Base price $719.01
+ Estimated taxes and fees $205.60 Details
Total price* $924.61

So instead of Ford paying close to 1K in rental cost I am asking for less than 500.00 for airfare? Ford comes out ahead and I am happy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum