Ford Forums banner

2011 ford escape quarter panel rusting wtf

30K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  gbic 
#1 ·
my escape is only 3 yrs old and the damn 1/4 panel is rusting inside the wheel well .took to the ford bodyshop yesterday for warranty and they wouldn`t even try and fix it ,the bodyshop manager said it has to be a hole , I can bet you there is a pin hole in it and he agreed with me but he said pics won`t show it and ford will not pay to fix it which is bull .I`ve been doing bodywork for over 15 yrs and when I worked at dodge we would repair this kind of rust under warranty. we all know rust starts from the inside out.
SO MUCH FOR FORDS 5YR UNLIMITED MILEAGE WARRANTY FOR RUST THROUGH.
THIS IS MY 1ST AND LAST FORD I EVER BUY PIECE OF CRAP. BACK TO bmw for me with awsome warranties.

#5 ·
when you see paint peeling in the middle of no where thats not a stone chip. when I worked at ford years ago doing bodywork we had lots of trucks in peeling and doing warranty repairs on them, you could just use a razor blade and the paint would peel off. I guess ford can`t figure out how to make their paint stick yet . I thought I would take a chance and hoped they new what they were doing by now 20yrs later. but I was wrong.

#6 ·
If you have been doing body work for many years why would you not fix it yourself it is a small area and under the lip. I have fixed many and I am not a body shop guy at all and I could get it done by the body shop at work for free but why complain about it just fix it yourself they only rust in that one area I check everyone that come into the dealership, all the newer escapes rust in the same spot rear top of wheel well lip were as the old ones rusted further forward. I agree it is a known defect and Ford should fix it but they do require multiple pictures to be taken of the vehicle, damaged spot and odometer so no more foolin Ford.

#12 ·
2011 Ford Escape Rear Quarter Panels Rusting Again. I purchased the vehicle with 6000 miles on it in 2014. Six months later I saw rust on both rear quarter panel edges and one spot on the side. No paint had chipped. I brought it to the dealer and Ford covered $600 of the $800 dollar repair. When I picked it up the dealer told me the repair was covered for life. Four months later both rear quarter panels have rust again! Called the Ford dealer and he told me only the paint was warrantied. He also told me it was a Ford design defect. Quality is apparently not job 1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.