2011 ford escape quarter panel rusting wtf - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2014, 18:57   #1 (permalink)

2011 ford escape quarter panel rusting wtf

my escape is only 3 yrs old and the damn 1/4 panel is rusting inside the wheel well .took to the ford bodyshop yesterday for warranty and they wouldn`t even try and fix it ,the bodyshop manager said it has to be a hole , I can bet you there is a pin hole in it and he agreed with me but he said pics won`t show it and ford will not pay to fix it which is bull .I`ve been doing bodywork for over 15 yrs and when I worked at dodge we would repair this kind of rust under warranty. we all know rust starts from the inside out.
SO MUCH FOR FORDS 5YR UNLIMITED MILEAGE WARRANTY FOR RUST THROUGH.
THIS IS MY 1ST AND LAST FORD I EVER BUY PIECE OF CRAP. BACK TO bmw for me with awsome warranties.
puddinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2014, 14:20   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: 2011 ford escape quarter panel rusting wtf

If that is the only complaint you have , bit unjustified to call Ford " a piece of crap " Try another dealership and see if they agree or disagree on warranty .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 19:37   #3 (permalink)

for being only 3 yrs old and rusting out already is poor quality in my opinion . considering my 2003 bmw has no rust at all on it and has over 200000km
Old 05-20-2014, 05:47   #4 (permalink)
Moderators

Rust is not usually a defect. Could be caused by a previous chip from road debris. Haven't seen any of the newer escapes"rusted out". But a lot comes down to road conditions and cleaning habits.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
r-clar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 20:33   #5 (permalink)

when you see paint peeling in the middle of no where thats not a stone chip. when I worked at ford years ago doing bodywork we had lots of trucks in peeling and doing warranty repairs on them, you could just use a razor blade and the paint would peel off. I guess ford can`t figure out how to make their paint stick yet . I thought I would take a chance and hoped they new what they were doing by now 20yrs later. but I was wrong.
Old 06-16-2014, 21:24   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddinboo View Post
when you see paint peeling in the middle of no where thats not a stone chip. when I worked at ford years ago doing bodywork we had lots of trucks in peeling and doing warranty repairs on them, you could just use a razor blade and the paint would peel off. I guess ford can`t figure out how to make their paint stick yet . I thought I would take a chance and hoped they new what they were doing by now 20yrs later. but I was wrong.
If you have been doing body work for many years why would you not fix it yourself it is a small area and under the lip. I have fixed many and I am not a body shop guy at all and I could get it done by the body shop at work for free but why complain about it just fix it yourself they only rust in that one area I check everyone that come into the dealership, all the newer escapes rust in the same spot rear top of wheel well lip were as the old ones rusted further forward. I agree it is a known defect and Ford should fix it but they do require multiple pictures to be taken of the vehicle, damaged spot and odometer so no more foolin Ford.
makuloco2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:23   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makuloco2000 View Post
If you have been doing body work for many years why would you not fix it yourself it is a small area and under the lip. I have fixed many and I am not a body shop guy at all and I could get it done by the body shop at work for free but why complain about it just fix it yourself they only rust in that one area I check everyone that come into the dealership, all the newer escapes rust in the same spot rear top of wheel well lip were as the old ones rusted further forward. I agree it is a known defect and Ford should fix it but they do require multiple pictures to be taken of the vehicle, damaged spot and odometer so no more foolin Ford.
your right it is easy to fix but when you spend that much on a vehicle and it rust within 4 yrs , its bow shit :).
Old 07-01-2014, 09:54   #8 (permalink)
Moderators

Can see your point , but if you are happy with vehicle apart from this , and it's only the one spot , I'd fix it as also suggested by r-clar . Especially as it should be a simple fix to someone like yourself .
Old 07-01-2014, 15:12   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.S.LOGAN View Post
Can see your point , but if you are happy with vehicle apart from this , and it's only the one spot , I'd fix it as also suggested by r-clar . Especially as it should be a simple fix to someone like yourself .
its both 1/4 pannels inside wheel lip and couple rust spots starting on the outside now of the 1/4 pannel just above the wheel well .
Old 07-01-2014, 16:07   #10 (permalink)
Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddinboo View Post
its both 1/4 pannels inside wheel lip and couple rust spots starting on the outside now of the 1/4 pannel just above the wheel well .
Surprised they wont repair under warranty , not good for Ford if they refuse a genuine / known defect .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum