Ford Forums banner

2013 Escape Dashboard

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  thepon 
#1 ·
I just picked up my (Company Owned) 2013 Ford Escape, and am getting used to the new information displays. I've attached a photo of the dash. I'm looking to find out what exactly is the purpose of the "birds eye view" car on the information display. I circled the image to clarify what i am referring to.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
jwko - I think your right, I was testing it again after i posted in it did show a small animation of the drivers door open. (I didn't see it before, I think because I only quickly opened and closed the door at a red light, and an alert box popped up saying the drivers door was ajar, i think that must only happen when in "Drive")

wptski - Its FWD, however taking in to account my above comment, it could, in addition to open doors/hood/rear hatch, possibly display animations for the forward or reverse sensors, the blind spot alert and other "surrounding" alerts. I don't have any of those other fancy features (as its a Company provided car) so i can't say for sure.

Thanks for the replies :)

#5 ·
jwko - I think your right, I was testing it again after i posted in it did show a small animation of the drivers door open. (I didn't see it before, I think because I only quickly opened and closed the door at a red light, and an alert box popped up saying the drivers door was ajar, i think that must only happen when in "Drive")

wptski - Its FWD, however taking in to account my above comment, it could, in addition to open doors/hood/rear hatch, possibly display animations for the forward or reverse sensors, the blind spot alert and other "surrounding" alerts. I don't have any of those other fancy features (as its a Company provided car) so i can't say for sure.

Thanks for the replies :)
I've looked at the manual and it's supposed to shows patches at the rear/front at each wheel showing torque to each wheel. How can this 4WD system devert power to a single wheel back/front is another question I have unless they are refering to its traction control system also.

#6 ·
I drive the 2013 Escape SEL and the 4" dashboard screen displays several items but to the far right is the overhead view of the Escape body. If the lights are on then it shows up on that icon aand if a dor is open is shows up there as well. If you have an active nav route this icon is replaced with next turn and distance. Your interest in the AWD distribution display is on the same screen but will be in the center and displayed when you select information. Generally I find in rapid acceleration there seems to be a 50/50 split displayed. When cruising most of the torque comes from the front wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
I drive the 2013 Escape SEL and the 4" dashboard screen displays several items but to the far right is the overhead view of the Escape body. If the lights are on then it shows up on that icon aand if a dor is open is shows up there as well. If you have an active nav route this icon is replaced with next turn and distance. Your interest in the AWD distribution display is on the same screen but will be in the center and displayed when you select information. Generally I find in rapid acceleration there seems to be a 50/50 split displayed. When cruising most of the torque comes from the front wheels.

It doesn't show 100% to the front while cruising??

#8 ·
The way they transfer torque to a specific wheel from my understanding is with the use of what they call torque vectoring by applying breaking to the wheel not getting enough traction thus the power is then transferred to the wheel with more traction. I experienced this effect by pulling off the road half way and then flooring it. The tires on the gravel did not spin excessively and I could feel some kind of antilock breaking feature take place at this time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.