Airbag light-flashing "32" - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 20:47   #1 (permalink)

Airbag light-flashing "32"

Hello all, please help, my wife's '03 escape is blinking "32", i have separated, and re-attached the yellow connectors underneath both front seats, but to no success. Does anyone know, or can point me into a direction to where i can look up what the code "32" is, might even look into replacing the connectors with a set from Jeg's racing, which is a weatherpak connector. but just want to make sure i am chasing the right problem. thanks for any future help. i know that the yellow connectors with the white keepers are a main problem underneath the seats.
vortechf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2009, 20:58   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: Airbag light-flashing "32"

If I'm not mistaken, an airbag code 32 usually means a bad clock spring. I've never replaced one but I hear that aren't too bad. It's located behind the drivers side airbag inside the steering wheel.

Quote:
If the Supplemental Restraints System (Air Bags) warning light is flashing a code 32, that indicates that the driver's side airbag circuit has high resistance or is open. In simpler terms, there may be a broken wire. This problem may have some relationship to the horn and cruise control failure that your experiencing as well. Has any work been performed on the steering column or under the dash of your vehicle? In either case, you should have the problem checked out. If the wrong wires get crossed with the airbag wires you could be in for a sudden surprise.
I'll let someone else with the knowledge answer further.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum