Ford Forums banner

BFGoodrich Tires on 2006 Escape, Sizes please

8K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  360ci 
#1 ·
So I just found out my Mom's 2006 Escape xlt has those crappy continental tires that fall apart, since they've started to fall apart on the sides.

Now my question is, I would like to put BFGoodrich All Terrain Tires on her's and upgrade to a bigger size without hitting the fender walls, rubbing, etc. Would like to wider and/or taller.

Anyone who has done it or knows of possible up sizing I can do, please post up.

Current Setup is P235/70R16 and tire places tell me I can't go any bigger, b.s.

My F150 has these, but I plan on going wider next time around but thats another subject.

#2 ·
It'll take some time, but go to BFG's website and check out some larger sizes in a 16" rim. Each tire should specify the recommended wheel width. I wouldn't go wider than a 245 tire. If there's a 245/75R16 it should fit with minimal rubbing (you might have to trim some plastic around the front wheel wells). I'm not saying it's a good size to go with, but going to a 245/75R16 will give you an extra 1.5" in diameter (your OEM tires are 29" tall). Check this site out: Tire size calculator It allows you to compare your OE tire size with a larger tire.

I'm sure other folks will chime in with their suggestions but again, I don't think going larger than a 245/75R16 would be wise without other alterations, such as a lift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.