Bypass AC Compressor - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 09:51   #1 (permalink)

Bypass AC Compressor

Hello,

I have a 2008 Ford Escape and I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on bypassing the a/c compressor on the v-6. Is there a bypass pulley available anywhere (I have contacted DORMAN and they dont have one for this engine)?

***I realize this is an new model to be rigging up a fix but I really dont have the g-note plus to fix it right now and the compressor is making some odd noises which im sure will turn bad.

Thanks
bigmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2010, 11:00   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: Bypass AC Compressor

Are you 100% positive its coming from the compressor?

Quote:
TSB 09-21-2

11/02/09
3.0L FRONT END ACCESSORY DRIVE RIGHT HAND
IDLER PULLEY BEARING NOISE

FORD:
2008 Escape

MERCURY:
2008 Mariner

This article supersedes TSB 09-14-6 to update the Service Procedure and Part List.
ISSUE
Some 2008 Escape and Mariner vehicles equipped with 3.0L engine may exhibit front end accessory drive (FEAD) whining/bearing type noise. The noise may be coming from the right hand (RH) FEAD idler pulley that is in front of the right bank cylinder head.

ACTION
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE
1. Using a stethoscope, place end on the bolt that holds the right hand idler pulley on.

a. If the noise is coming from the bolt/pulley, then go to Step 2 and replace the idler pulley.

b. If the noise is not coming from the bolt/pulley, follow Work Shop Manual (WSM), Section 303-05B to diagnose.

2. Remove bolt that holds the pulley and bearing assembly on to the bracket. Refer to WSM Section 303-05B.

3. Remove pulley.

4. Install new pulley and torque pulley bolt to 18 lb-ft (25 N.m).
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:46   #3 (permalink)

Re: Bypass AC Compressor

Interesting....

and NO i'm not 100% its the compressor....I just assumed as much since the air conditioner no longer works and I figured that may be related.

thanks again.
bigmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum