Ford Forums banner

Can I use dielectric grease on O2 sensor?

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dborns 
#1 ·
I've had an ongoing issue with my escape running rough after going through water or after a car wash. The check engine light would come on and after reading the code P0136, it would usually go out on its own. I knew it was the rear bank, downstream sensor, but it would always clear itself and run normal. For the past few months, I've sprung an oil leak, and noticed the sensor and the electrical connection are caked with oil. I've also had the check engine light come on about two weeks ago, and have had real rough rpm's. I bought a new sensor today, and before I installed it, I decided to clean the sensor and the connection. I disconnected it, and sprayed electrical cleaner into both connections. I then reconnected it and took it or a long drive. The check engine light never came back on. So now I'm thinking the sensor might be okay, but with the oil leaking onto it, thats causing the problem. I've googled the question about using dielectric grease on the connection, but have seen both yes and no, don't do it because its heated. So, can I use dielectric grease on the plug?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.