day time running lights ?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 11:36   #1 (permalink)

confused day time running lights ??

Has anyone added daytime running lights to their 2009 on newer Escape/ Mariner ?? I know on some newer Fords all that is needed is the Dealer to plug in a lap top and change a command.
Mtrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2010, 20:51   #2 (permalink)

Re: day time running lights ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtrac View Post
Has anyone added daytime running lights to their 2009 on newer Escape/ Mariner ?? I know on some newer Fords all that is needed is the Dealer to plug in a lap top and change a command.
This "appears" to be the case as it's in the manual. I always forget to ask my dealer about this. I have never noticed a Escape with DRL ON but I could have easily missed one. All vehicles shipped to Canada have DRL enabled as it's the law there.

'09 Ford Escape Limited, V6, 4WD
wptski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 13:44   #3 (permalink)

I don't have an 09. But if you study the owners manual regarding fuses, you'll see if its somehow a separate circuit. And whether you have a fuse (of the proper amp rating) in that slot. That would be my first effort.

Personal opinion. DRL's are a PITA. Had a older GM car with the parking lights as the DRL's. I got pretty good at replacing them as they'd burn out too often. My wife's car has headlight-operated DRL's from a certain Northern European maker formerly affiliated with Ford and fond its reputation for safety. Low beams on all the time when the ignition is on. I know that's not really good for the alternator or battery to instantly face that extra load at start. I only wish they'd delay a few seconds. So far (52K) they haven't burned out, but another forum tells me its inevitable and replacement requires fingers like The Terminator had in version 1.2 of that series. Thin tool steel, oblivious to cuts from sheet metal edges, and plenty strong. At least the Harley I sold had a relatively easy to change bulb.

Me? I use manually operated DRL's with my left hand. Even though my Mariner has "auto" headlights which go on a little too late/dark for my comfort level.
malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:06   #4 (permalink)

There isn't a seperate fuse for DRL listed for a '09. It is a seperate circuit but that's because it uses PWM to reduce the output.

It's a feature within the SJB that's enabled using their IDS.

'09 Ford Escape Limited, V6, 4WD
wptski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 17:37   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtrac View Post
FYI: Yes the dealer was able to do this just as wptski stated. Thanks
Mtrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum