Ford Forums banner

Driving Light Replacement '05 and later Escape

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Bert 
#1 ·
My apologies if this has been addressed, but my searches found no related references. I've now had to replace the bumper-imbedded driving lights on my '05 Escape three times, once on the left and twice on the right. Though I never go offroad, apparently their low profile and proximity to the road leaves them vulnerable to any loose gravel, etc., that flies up and breaks them.

I saw on another forum where someone actually removed the bumper to replace these. That's just not necessary. Simply remove the tire and as many clips and nuts holding the fender liner as required, pull it back and the light will be exposed. You'll have to feel your way around to remove the 4 retaining nuts, but it gets easier each time.

Tips: The OE replacement lights are available for $30-$40 on e-bay.
I just added some heavy clear "fog lamp protectors" I also found on e-bay to protect against future breakage. I couldn't find them for an Escape, but found that Nissan Exterra specs worked just perfectly. So far, no more breakage.:hy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.