Governed with a glich - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 00:17 Thread Starter
mad Governed with a glich

My wife bought the 2004 Escape XLT while I was deployed in Iraq. We had it sent to Germany ( my current duty station ) and come to find out it is governed at 100 MPH. Very frustrating for autobon driving. Is there a way to increase the speed at which it is governed without defaulting my warranty?

Also, after driving it for 2 hours the other day I shut it off and turned it back on an hour later, the engine sputtered and sounded as if it had a few plugs loose. I looked in the manual and there is a "Note" about the possibility of damaging equipment and catching fire if such a condition exists and warranted a mention in the manual why wasn't it fixed prior to production? I turned the car off and then back on a little while later and everything was fine. This, however has shaken our confidence in a vehicle that we planned on driving all over Europe.
Sponsored Links

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: