Help about Escape/Maverick rust problems. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2007, 14:24   #1 (permalink)

Help about Escape/Maverick rust problems.

Hello friends,
I m new here, I m from Greece and I don t speak English very well.
I bought my new car Ford Maverick/Escape 2.3 on 22 Jul 2005 from a dealer of Ford in Greece.
After 2 days i find that it had problems with stub-born brakes and run risks my family and I in the first journey. I go to the company and they promise to fix them.
After 10 days when they stood up the car to fix brakes I saw that it was full of rust (new car) on the axis which transmit the move, ABS, exhaust, screw shock - absorbers, under seats, pedals and other parts. There are a lot of other problems too (excoriations to glasses, sticking when step on the pedal gas, no manufactured dyeing down of car , ect). Ford Motor Co of Greece refused to change the car or a refund. After that I also confirmed the date of manufacture was 7 June 2004 (13,5 months ago).
I also had called an assessor and the result was that the car had big problems. It was necessary to change the axis. As the two companies refused to change it I paid and change the axis myself.
After that I applied to Ministry of Development-Service Protection Consumer. It impose fine 15.000 euro for the rust and dangerous Maverick at 15 December of 2006 and made known this to press. The most famous Greek newspapers and sites wrote about this.
I know two other people who have the same rust problems. They also applied to Ministry of Development-Service Protection Consumer and the justice. They wait to impose fine from Service Protection Consumer too.
I want to ask all fordforums friends who have escape/ Maverick if they have rust problems. Also I want help with my car VIN because we can t find our cars to ford VINs!!
papagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2007, 18:52   #2 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Re: Help about Escape/Maverick rust problems.

I ran your VIN for you and found an open recall. I never ran a VIN on a vehicle from Greece. Rusty brake rotors are a common issue on a lot of models. It seems the quality of the steel used is poor. In America, rust is common in the northern region.

If you see rust in the areas you speak of like under the seats and under the dash, there is a chance this is a flood vehicle, but it would have been sold as a "New" vehicle.

The sticky throttle is a common issue. If the dealer replaces the throttle-body it should cure that issue.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:27   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Johnny. Thanks also about VIN. I dont understant the mean of recall. I ll find somebody explain to me the mean. Is it something for my Maverick? Dealer never call me!
Old 05-03-2007, 19:08   #4 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

That recall is to change the rear latch rod for the rear hatch. If in a rear-end collision, the rod may fail causing the rear hatch to open.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:15   #5 (permalink)

Some fotos of my new Escape/ Maverick.Its this normal and fair?I was owner ten 10 days only when i saw these.Ford Motor Co refused to change the car. They said it only "an aesthetic theme". I called an assessor and the result was that the car had big problems. It was probably dangerous in the middle to broke. It was necessary to change the axis. They refused to change it. I paid and change the axis myselfI m wrong? some other people have the same problem. I m wrong?In Greece there are law to protect the consumers. The Ministry of transports said "ask Ford Motor Co!!! (scandal).I wrote to Ford USA and they said ask Ford Motor Greece. It is worthy of credit?

MY CAR.
[url=http://www.dpgr.gr/usergalleries/displayimage.php?pos=-176804]DPGR - ê᫥񟪬嫾훯url]
http://www.dpgr.gr/usergalleries/alb...E70008%7E0.jpg

Old 05-04-2007, 09:16   #6 (permalink)

correct:In the middle of axis (cross cartan)
Old 05-04-2007, 19:21   #7 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

If you were having ABS "False Activation" problems, I believe the tone rings on the axle cracked from the rust. I have changed a few axles on 2004-2005 models due to this issue. That vehicle of yours has alot of rust from what I can see.
Old 05-05-2007, 00:15   #8 (permalink)

Thanks Johnny. ThanKs also from other people VINs. Are you auto mechanic? About this open recall. Must the dealer or the company in Greece call us to fix this part?
Thanks for the axle. Are you auto mechanic? If I was a customer in USA and happens thiw to me the company or dealer will changed the axle or rust parts (exhaust etc) in the guarantee?
Old 05-05-2007, 08:15   #9 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

I was a Heavy Duty Diesel Tech and worked on large Commercial truck for about 13 years. For the last 6 years I have worked at a Ford Dealer as a mechanic and I also fix Volvo and pretty much anything that comes in.

If you were a loyal customer that did all or most of the services at our dealer and this issue came up after the warranty period, SOMETIMES we can talk to Ford and get an after-warranty repair done.

The Dealer or FoMoCo should at least send you a letter regarding the recall. Now that you are aware of it, it's up to you to get it done.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:50   #10 (permalink)

I am in guarantee period. I bought this 22 July 2005. I inform the gealer and representation of Ford in Grecce all problems about rust etc after 10 days.They refused to do anything. They refused to fix or change the car.they was hidden faults and problems.
After that I applied to Ministry of Development-Service Protection Consumer. It impose fine 15.000 euro for the rust and dangerous Maverick at 15 December of 2006 and made known this to press. The most famous Greek newspapers and sites wrote about this.
They refused again to do anything.
They also dint call us about this recall. They never send to me or some others people who i know a letter about anything recall.Our cars are in guarantee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum