How many miles do you have on your Escapes, and How many Problems have you Had? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 08:03   #1 (permalink)

How many miles do you have on your Escapes, and How many Problems have you Had?

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->We have an 03 Tribute (Same as the Escape) with 25K miles on it, and no major problems thus far. My wife likes the new Escapes, and we're thinking about a new one next year.

Just wondering how many miles you guys have on your Escapes, and how many Problems have you had over all. Basically, a long term reliability question.

Thank you,.....marc
<!-- / message -->
marcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2009, 05:26   #2 (permalink)

Re: How many miles do you have on your Escapes, and How many Problems have you Had?

We have a 2004 Escape XLT with about 58,000 miles on it. Have not had any issues with it for the past 2.5 years. Bought it used with I believe 36,000 on it. Great vehicle. Love it!
robertrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 15:16   #3 (permalink)

Re: How many miles do you have on your Escapes, and How many Problems have you Had?

2008 Hybrid with 61,000 miles
Only problem is climate control inability to control temperature otherwise trouble free
dave2041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 18:24   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcb View Post
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->We have an 03 Tribute (Same as the Escape) with 25K miles on it, and no major problems thus far. My wife likes the new Escapes, and we're thinking about a new one next year.

Just wondering how many miles you guys have on your Escapes, and how many Problems have you had over all. Basically, a long term reliability question.

Thank you,.....marc
<!-- / message -->

I have 2006 Escape manual transmission, now 45000 miles . Not real problems but issues with the cluth.Otherwise all is fine.
felixtoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:52   #5 (permalink)

I have an '05 XLT 3.0 FWD with 82,000 miles. I've had zero issues with this car. I love it. I didn't care for the OE Continental tires, but have just replaced them at 80,000 miles and put on BF Goodrich Longtrails. What a difference. I expect to get another 80k out of these.
k9byte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 21:15   #6 (permalink)

288,000 on a '04 5-speed bought new and 80,000 on a recently aquired '06 V6.
The '04 is great, had to replace an alternator, which may have been my fault as I was arcing across the terminals while using an oil filter wrench to get the filter off. Had clutch problems (on-going) like felixtoka. Broke a couple of motor mount studs probably related to shuddering from clutch.
The '06 is OK (lousy gas mileage). The Continental tires as mentioned by k9byte are quite bad and should be replaced.
I bought the '06 because the new Escapes have stability control, mandatory ABS, and other needless complexities that make them hard and expensive to fix. The beauty of my '04 is that it's simple and uncluttered. I think thast's part of why it has lasted so long.
FE385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 13:10   #7 (permalink)

09 Escape-45,000. New transmission at 18K, lost the 2nd speed on the defrost fan-still love it
bremsster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 14:06   #8 (permalink)
2009 Escape Hybrid

Smile Re: How many miles do you have on your Escapes, and How many Problems have you Had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcb View Post

Thank you,.....marc
<!-- / message -->
Marc:
Have a 2009 Escape Hybrid, have a few posts here on the forums you can read if you wish. It now has just under 7000 miles, yes, it is a baby, and have not had any issue except for getting the navigation system updated. It has been back to the dealer for two oil changes, and one tire rotation, I have not been charged a cent yet. The start of September I will take it in for it's third oil change. I do it every six months, needed or not. There it is, I do hope you enjoy your vehicles at least as much as I have this Escape - so far.
Fords-36+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 14:18   #9 (permalink)

Our 2007 Escape daily driver goes out of warranty in October. Only issue we've had has been difficulty with windshield wipers. Several sets of wiper blades -- OEM -- have failed / come apart. And a month ago the wiper arm itself BROKE...snapped in two. Dealership has had no insight into causes, but of course has replaced all items. Other than that, the Escape has been problem-free.
Vidterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 14:34   #10 (permalink)

We have a 2005 Escape, 2.3 litre, automatic transmission, 60,000 miles. As others said I did not like the OE tires, just changed them out for some Hercules. Put front brake pads on @ 50,000 miles. Bought the Escape in early 2007 and have an extended warrantee, but have had no repairs. The wife loves it.
billj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum