Ford Forums banner

i hate the governor

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  CaptRedneck 
#1 ·
i dont know about anybody else but the governor on my 2005 escape annoys the hell out of me. i want to go faster than a slow 103. any way to bypass it. a chip maybe? doubt it but ill ask anyway. its a 2005 escape xlt. 3.0 l v6

#4 ·
I posted something similar about my 2004 Sport Trac shutting down at 85-90. I was told that the vehicle isn't overly safe to drive at higher speeds. One tech even told me, "Remember, the Starship Enterprise wasn't designed for atmospheric flights." Kind of threw me, there...

I almost bought an Escape...until I drove one. Nice vehicle, no doubt about it, but just not "fitting" for the "truck person" I suppose.

#5 ·
I have a 2001 escape with the 3.0 V6 (currently in shop getting engine replaced...) 105 in it is a blast and I've found the Escape to corner very well considering it's a SUV... tight fourleaf clovers at 50 sometimes 60 mph b4 the tires even start to make a noise... then again i like fast fast is good.. for me 103 in an escape does not = death wish it means <music starts> here he comes, here comes speed racer. He's a demon on wheels...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.