Ford Forums banner

marineer help

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  FE385 
#1 ·
Any help.....much appreciated!! My daughter has an 06, 4 cyl. Mercury Mariner. I need to install the serpentine belt. There isn't much room and it looks like there is a engine stabilizer on the topside of the motor w/ the belt beneath it. I'm just wondering if in fact, that is what I'm looking @. I'm hoping I can pull the (stabilizer) off and w/ a socket loosen the tension er and replace the belt. I know the tension er is spring loaded and has to be loosened to switch the belt. I done this w/ other vehicles but not w/ this one. Does anyone know if I'm on the right track?? Thanks:driver:

#3 ·
I have an '04 Escape with the 4 cyl. engine and have taken off the serpentine belt several times. It's really not hard, though it can be a little frustrating getting the belt re-routed over the various accessory drives. Your '06 engine is a greater displacement, but I think the engine family stays the same.
You do have to take ff the wheel and passenger side plastic wheelwell apron, but again, it's not difficult.
There is usu. a picture on the hood of the belt routing, or, you can take a picture with a digital camera to remember by. If my memory serves me correctly, you just insert a 3/8" socket extension square drive into the tensioner to release it's tension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.