Ford Forums banner

Oil for gearbox, Exxon H or Mercon V?

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  es2004 
#1 ·
I am driving Escape 3.0 V6, XLT, 2004 (i am in Vietnam), i see the Warning Label in engine compartment indicated oil for gearbox is Exxon-H only. In fact, all garages are using Mercon V. So, just want to know what is the difference of Exxon H and Mercon V.

Appreciate your advice
es2004

#2 ·
Exxon H I believe is hydraulic oil and V is transmission fluid. Better stick with the H if that's what it calls for.

Mobil Nuto H Series Hydraulic Oil

Nuto H Series is a premium hydraulic oil for industrial and mobile service applications. It has good anti-wear
performance, which reduces pump wear, and fast air release for good foam control and water separability.
Corrosion protection provided by the Nuto H Series Hydraulic oil reduces the effect of moisture on system
components; high oxidation and chemical stability promotes long oil and filter life.

Nuto H is ideal for systems employing gear, vane ,radial and axial piston pumps, hydraulic applications where
contamination or leakage is unavoidable, and systems containing gears and bearings where mild anti-wear characteristics
are required. Nuto H hydraulic oil is also ideal for applications demanding thin oil film corrosion protection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.