Program 32918 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 19:13   #1 (permalink)

Program 32918

Hello

We currently have a 2005 Escape Limited which has been a great car, and looking to add a 2009. Current incentives are either $2500 cash or 0% financing up to 60 months. However, we also received a copy of "My Ford 2009-2010 Buyer's Guide Special Edition Spring 2009" which includes a coupon for $750 bonus cash. It does not say that this can't be combined with any offers except for A, Z, and D plans, and it excludes certain vehicles (but not Escape). Has anyone else received this, and should I just negotiate my best deal including either the cash back or financing, and then give this to the dealer? I'm thinking this is money back from Ford, and does not affect the dealer?

Also, the deals I have been offered at several Ford dealers - about -3% - are much less than some of the figures quoted on Edmunds, AutoBrag, etc., which are more like -8%, before incentives. What's fair in this economy, but understanding the Escape is popular. Thanks.
crjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2009, 16:52   #2 (permalink)

Re: Program 32918

I just picked up an 09 Escape for invoice + either of the Ford incentives. That was the dealer's offer based on an internet query - no haggling. I was told by another dealer that the 09s can no longer be ordered...so I'd guess they are going to be clearing out 09s soon. Another dealer did only offer me 3% off sticker as their first offer. I really didn't want that color so I kept looking.

I can't speak to the coupon...but I would always negotiate best price before bringing that up.
Thunderknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:42   #3 (permalink)

Re: Program 32918

there is no reason to pay above invoice right now, in fact if you want to be aggressive (end of the month is coming) I would target invoice - holdback-rebates/incentives. The Escape is popular yes but there are also lots of them on the lots. If that flyer came from a local dealer then it is not factory money, if it came directly from Ford then it is. I would still negotiate your best price without it, then bring it up.

the trick is to go to the dealer that has the exact car you want. Here in MA there are tons of dealers so anytime I go to buy, I find the car I want using the online inventory first..then you know you will be negotiating on an in-stock car (which they will have the most flexibility on and the most incentive to sell).

My other (STRONG) suggestion is to cross-shop the Mazda Tribute...same vehicle that is optioned out slightly different. The major difference is they are slow sellers at a Mazda dealer so they will probably give you a better deal. I had a 2006 Tribute and now a 2009, both times I went first to the Ford dealer and then ended up getting a much better deal at Mazda. I bought my 2009 this Feb. for ~500 UNDER invoice - rebates ($2k). The tribute has a slightly lower base price as well (for the given options/content).
zoom_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum