Radio Removal?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2005, 07:03   #1 (permalink)

confused Radio Removal??

Has anyone removed the radio/6CD player from their Escape? I have the DIN tools but am still having trouble getting the unit out. I'm hesitant to force the issue. I have an '02 Escape with CD Error problems.
glampins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2007, 18:40   #2 (permalink)
2006 Escape Owner

Re: Radio Removal??

If you have the u-shaped DIN tools then just insert them in the 4 holes in the front of the stereo they will lock and you just pull it out. I had mine out in less than 10 secs. I am having an issue with mine with the speed sensitive volume control (option to adjust volume for noise in cabin, it lowers automatically when you slow down and turns up when you accelerate) not working after repeatly adjusting the number options 0-7. I am looking for help here. Have the stereo w/6-CD in dash thats MP3 compatible and SAT ready
Budman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 14:20   #3 (permalink)
New England toolmaker

Question Re: Radio Removal??

Where do you buy the radio removal tool?
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 14:28   #4 (permalink)
2006 Escape Owner

You can get anywhere like Circuit City, Best Buy, Pep-Boys, etc. any place that sells automotive stereo equip. If in Canada you can get at Canadian Tire. Hope this helps

RS
Old 10-21-2007, 15:21   #5 (permalink)
New England toolmaker

Tongue Re: Radio Removal??

Thank you, I think the contacts need cleaning on my radio and couldn;t figure out how or what to put into the holes
Old 10-22-2007, 10:23   #6 (permalink)
2006 Escape Owner

They like elongated horseshoes. When inserting push in slowly until they stop the apply outward pressure on the clips then just pull the radio out. It's that easy. Hope all goes well

Russell
Old 10-22-2007, 17:31   #7 (permalink)
New England toolmaker

you guys are great. Thanks
Old 11-19-2009, 19:51   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman66 View Post
If you have the u-shaped DIN tools then just insert them in the 4 holes in the front of the stereo they will lock and you just pull it out. I had mine out in less than 10 secs. I am having an issue with mine with the speed sensitive volume control (option to adjust volume for noise in cabin, it lowers automatically when you slow down and turns up when you accelerate) not working after repeatly adjusting the number options 0-7. I am looking for help here. Have the stereo w/6-CD in dash thats MP3 compatible and SAT ready
Budman66, did you ever figure out your Speed Sensitive Volume Control? When I talked to the Service Manager, they told me the feature was listed on my radio, but wasn't available. I figure this is really available, but is disabled on the radio, in order to charge more for this feature.
Rescuefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum