Radio stopped working in 09 Escape XLT - Help!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2014, 10:00   #1 (permalink)

Radio stopped working in 09 Escape XLT - Help!!

We have a 2009 Escape XLT. All of a sudden today, the radio will not turn on. It worked just fine last night while we were listening to the satellite radio, but today it won't even turn on. It still shows the time and temperature on the display, but the radio won't turn on at all. Any ideas?
jwathas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2014, 17:16   #2 (permalink)

Re: Radio stopped working in 09 Escape XLT - Help!!

Check the fuse first.

'09 Ford Escape Limited, V6, 4WD
wptski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:30   #3 (permalink)

My husband did check the fuse yesterday and he thought it looked okay, but he'll check it again when he gets home from work tonight. One thing that may have caused this is that on Saturday afternoon, I used a carpet shampooer with the upholstery attachment to steam clean the seats and floor carpets since it was pretty dirty from a long winter without being cleaned. Could the steam from the shampooer have possibly caused a fuse to trip? The windows were pretty foggy after I did this and I had to open them. It was also pretty hot out that day. I've used the same steam cleaner on our vehicles before with no problems. We did have the radio going on Saturday night after I had cleaned it when we went out and it worked perfectly fine, but the next day, it was dead. When we first start the car, the time shows on the display for a few seconds, but then goes out. It still displays the temperature, though. It seems kind of strange that the time won't stay on the display, yet the temperature will. I just hope we figure it out.
jwathas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:54   #4 (permalink)

There "might" be more than one fuse for the radio. Some of the wiring inside the cab is under the carpet with connectors. Not sure how water proof they'd make an interior connector.

'09 Ford Escape Limited, V6, 4WD
wptski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 19:30   #5 (permalink)

Try disconnecting negative battery terminal, touch negative battery cable end to positive battery terminal for 5 seconds, and reconnect negative cable. What this does is remove any logic lock in audio and as well as all other modules and clear all keep alive memory like learned fuel trim in powertrain and transmission control module. First thing we do in our shop after retiring any vehicle DTC’s for any vehicle with an audio issue. A little warning though, your transmission and engine control computer will have to relearn you’re driving environment and habits and may drive differently for a few days. If you’re not sure comfortable with doing something like this, have an experienced auto tech/mechanic do this for you. After doing this start engine with all loads off like A.C. headlamps and idle for 5 minutes, this will help with the relearn process. He or she will know about or has done this. Hope this helps.
Dale7018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum