Rate your Ford Garage - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 15:09   #1 (permalink)
Noobie

Rate your Ford Garage

Here's the deal - tell us what you think of your Ford garage, then share an experience that will help us understand why you give them the rating that you do. Good or Bad. Five Star Rating system, 5 being excellent and 1 being poor.

So, I have a 2008 Escape that just turned over 10K miles. In the past 3 months I have had it in the garage three times: The first time just to have a few lights in the dash reset. Turned out it was a blown fuse. The second time the transmission had to be rebuilt because of defective bearings (they had it two weeks because of difficulty in getting parts). Then I just picked it up today after having new front brakes and rotors put on (the pad on the right side was down to the metal already, and both rotors were pitted pretty deep. They had it two days, in order to get the rotors in). All of this was warranty work.

Here's the thing - When I got this 2008 Escape, it had 7,600 miles on it. It was a lease/fleet car that had been in a "fender bender" and the lease company sent it to auction. We bought it for 10K, and put another $1500 in repairs. It has a "clear" title too. Because it was not purchased through a dealer, I had to call a few garages to find one that was willing to do warranty work on a car they did not sell. I ended up with a great Ford garage only 45 minutes away. I used them for all three repairs. The last two times they even provided me a new 2008 Fusion 6 cyl/5 sp to drive. This is something they have not been known to do unless you purchased from them. The first time I put over 2,500 miles on it! They handed me the keys and said, "Drive it like it's yours!"

I give my Ford garage 5 stars!

Last edited by mp1962; 07-16-2008 at 15:11. Reason: Added instructions
mp1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2008, 22:06   #2 (permalink)
07 Mustang Pony

Re: Rate your Ford Garage

I glad you have had a good experience with a ford garage. Here in Albuquerque there are 3 dealers. I have bought cars from all 3 and been shafted each time. My most recient was the 07 Mustang I am currently driving. I love the car as I have always loved mustangs. I bought it new last August and the problem is it has at least one, but I think 2 tires that won't balance out. I've taken it in 4 times. The last time I had to take the manager of the service department for a ride. He agreed there was a problem. He said he would rebalanced with road balance, if I remember correctly, and start replacing tires. When I got the car back no tires replaced, tons of weights on 2 of the tires and still feeling vibrations. They not only lied to me but as in the past I don't feel they are really willing to fix the problem. I'm tired of wasting my time. I'll put 30 K on the tires then replace them. This is my 4th new ford. 3 of them I have had problems with and unable to get the problems corrected. I will never buy a new ford product again. I have learned my lesson. I would not give the ford garages in Albuquerque a 1.
Deserteagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 22:34   #3 (permalink)
Noobie

Have you called Ford Customer Service about any of these experiences?

I would imagine that if they have treated you this way, they have treated others this way. And, I'm guessing here, but I would imagine that they have a file of complaints at Ford on each of them.

I would have to go 45-60 minutes in any direction to get to a Ford garage, simply due to the fact that the Ford Dealership that had been in Portsmouth (15 minutes from home) for three generations lost their dealership because of poor service. Ford and Chrysler pulled their dealership from them, and they have become a used car and ATV dealer. The Portsmouth PD had been taking their cruisers 45 minutes away for a few years before they closed this dealership.

You pay good money for a new car - I would call Ford and register a complaint each time I did not get complete satisfaction. In fact, you might call them and ask where is the nearest service center outside of Albuquerque. I am sure they will ask why you do not want to use those closest to you. Just a thought...

to send a complaint via their website, go to https://secure.ford.com/footer/conta...eServiceIssues

Last edited by mp1962; 07-16-2008 at 22:40. Reason: added url
mp1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:42   #4 (permalink)

So far hands down the best dealer is Fullerton Ford, somerville, NJ. Service department have always been polite, fast and do a good job, even though ive had trouble with my 08 escape. Would recommend them to anyone. The guy who sold me my escape was great to but he's left so cant say anything abt the sales team now.
Overall i would use them again and again - especially when compared to the horror stories ive heard abt the other local ford dealers! You know who you are!
flnycus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:45   #5 (permalink)

O desert Eagle, consider lemon law!
flnycus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum