Ford Forums banner

Replacing Brake Light

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Bert 
#1 ·
I own a 2001 Escape and need to replace the driver side brake light. Can anyone give a quick primer on how to access the light and any tips? I'm not a dunce nor am I ASE certified, I have just never done it before and was wondering if there is anything I should know so as not to break anything.
Thanks for any help you can give.

#3 ·
Wow, this forum seems so unresponsive. I hope I never have to rely on it for answers. The taillamp design probably hasn't changed much over the first few years. On the '05 model, if you raise the tailgate, you'll see a couple of screws inboard of the taillamp assebly. Take those out and the assembly should be rempvable, allowing access to the bulbs. Be sure to test newly replaced bulbs before reassebly.

Good luck.

#5 ·
The owners manual shows a picture of how to take it out. That usually is easier to figure out how to do something than trying to explain it. Sometimes they can't picture the screws you're talking about and by seeing the picture, they know for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.