Re: Steps to Program 3-Button remotes?
REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMING
CAUTION: All remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitters must be programmed at the same time.
1. The vehicle must be electronically unlocked before entering program mode (via the RKE transmitter or the door lock control switch while the driver door is open).
2. Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds , with the eighth turn ending in RUN. If the module successfully enters program mode, it locks and then unlocks all doors.
3. Within 20 seconds , press any button on an RKE transmitter; and the doors lock and then unlock to confirm that each remote transmitter is programmed. Repeat this step for each RKE transmitter.
4. If the door locks do not respond for any RKE transmitter, wait several seconds and press the button again. If the door locks still fail to respond, refer to Inspection and Verification in the Diagnosis and Testing. Make sure that no more than the maximum number of RKE transmitters are attempted to be programmed.
5. Exiting the programming mode is accomplished if one of the following occurs:
o The key transitions to the OFF position.
o Twenty seconds have passed since entering programming mode or since the last RKE transmitter was programmed.
o The maximum number of RKE transmitters are programmed.