Thinking about buying a new 2008 Escape.. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum This forum is for discussion of the Ford Escape, C-MAX, the Ford Escape Hybrid and the Mercury Mariner.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 10:16   #1 (permalink)

Thinking about buying a new 2008 Escape..

Hey guys! I am tired of my 02 Mustang GT, and am thinking about trading it in on a new 2008 Escape XLT. I know this is a pretty drastic change, but I am tired of worrying about winter conditions, speed bumps, and what my next modification is - The car has turned into a huge money pit!

I am wanting an 08 XLT V6 4WD (AWD). I spoke to a dealership already, and they recommended getting the sun and sat and conv package.

Is there anything else I should think about when purchasing one? I really like that the 2009's have a 6-speed trans and a more powerful V6, but I think they are out of my price range...

Also, what should I expect to pay for a new 08 escape with these features? The dealer print out said 25,525 w/ 3500 in rebates.

thanks for any help or suggestions!
silverbullet00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2008, 18:36   #2 (permalink)
canuck

Re: Thinking about buying a new 2008 Escape..

Compact SUV's are in right now while everyone is trading in their guzzling V8's. I feel your pain, as I pump countless amounts of my time and money into my 360ci Dodge Durango R/T. However, it's my work vehicle as well so I have reason to keep it around.

You should be able to get a fair price on an '08. If you wait another year they'll be even cheaper as it will be in its second model year and come next September you'll be able to take advantage of Ford's Family Pricing event and save yourself 1K or more than if you were to buy it now. I have yet to test drive a new AWD I4 with the 6 speed, but I'm sure it'll replace the wife's car when the time comes.

Personally, I'd never buy a first year vehicle...always wait a year for the manufacturer to work out any bugs in the systems.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 17:53   #3 (permalink)

Well now I am thinking more of getting an 09. The dealership said the one I want only runs about 1k more. Anyone have an 09 yet? What should I know?
Old 11-20-2008, 18:08   #4 (permalink)

Bought my wife an 09 Mariner with the new V6 and new six speed tranny. Very nice...You definitely notice the power versus an 08, plus you get (in theory) slightly better mileage.

Was making the same choice --- buy an 08 or buy an 09. You can get a pretty similar deal, although the rebate on an 09 is lower. You should definitely be able to get at least several thousand (or more) off the sticker in addition to rebates. Smaller SUV's are popular, but you can drive a hard-bargain now, dealers are begging for business.
chriscav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 14:31   #5 (permalink)

Well, I ended up getting an 09 Escape XLT 4WD.

What do you think?
Old 01-04-2009, 11:35   #6 (permalink)

Wow, beautiful vehicle !! I just purchased a 2008 Escape Ltd 4wd in Aug. 08 and I LOVE IT!!! Good luck and best wishes for many, many enjoyable drives in your new vehicle.
cathyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:22   #7 (permalink)

Congrats SilverBullet00. I too recently picked up an 09 XLT 4wd. Looks nice and love it so far. Does your have any 4wd badging on it? If so, where on the tailgate is this located.
dem10s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 20:08   #8 (permalink)
FORD FR LIFE

Garage

very nice man i got a 08 hybid and am lovin it

the rain(i live in Vancouver, Canada the home of rain) is nothing thanks to the 4WD drive of my escape.. and we were just attacked my a huge dumping of snow and the escape was amazing

CURRENTLY IN THE GARAGE
'02 Dodge Ram 2500, '08 Ford Escape Hybrid, '10 Ford Fusion Hybrid
fusion/hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Escape | C-MAX | Mercury Mariner Forum