Ford Forums banner

Three Years Anniversary

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  360ci 
#1 ·
Okay,
Have had the 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid, 4cyl/elec, for just over three years. Other than having some problems getting updates for the Navigation System, this car is the best auto I have ever owned, even better than my 1969 Ford Bronco and that was a dream come true.
Turned out that the big problem in getting the update was that my system was made by Clarion, and then Ford switch to another company. I still consider $119.00 a lot of money, however, I ran into two of Navteq's people, ( they make the updates), as they were parked on a corner entering data about the streets etc, and said that it was a daily thing. Nice to know that.
The 2009 only has just over 12000 miles, so you can see I don't normally drive long distances.
Just got fuel (gasoline) today, and the vehicle was getting 31mpg, according to the on-board system, and my calculations. Not bad at all.
They did have to replace the 4cyl engine air filter, which surprise me at the low milage - but?
I MUST say that someone at FORD is really dropping the ball, when they didn't bring this vehicle more into the public eye, now, in the newer Escapes, no Hybrids. Hybrids in the Ford Fusion.
I can only say that FINALLY I got a good deal on a car, and I feel I came out way ahead for it - bout time:):driver::hy:
WILLIAM CLAY FORD Junior, someone didn't keep the best automobile your company makes - JUMP ON THEM!

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats. That's one year less than my marriage lasted! At least my '99 Taurus (bought new) is still going strong with 240K kms on it. Roughly 149K miles. Should last a couple more years easily before it costs me more than $100 for the same repair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.