00 expo cutting off in drive. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 10:57   #1 (permalink)

00 expo cutting off in drive.

Hello guys,

New to the forum. I have a 00 expo cutting off when I put it in drive or come to a stop. I have replaced fuel pump assembley, EGR, IAC, MAF, DPFE, come to find out the egr ports where stopped up. I cleaned them out truck did great for a week and know has started doing the same thing. Where do I need to go next. Please help. Thank you.
crazziazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2010, 15:24   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 00 expo cutting off in drive.

AutoZone will check to see if there are any codes for free. The light doesn't have to be on for a code to be there.
Old 05-10-2010, 18:31   #3 (permalink)

I do have a scanner no codes. The crazy thing is I can pull a vacuum line from the pvc side or the egr side of the throttle body either one. And the truck will not shut off. Run like crap. But not shut off. I wonder if it is a vacuum leak. The elbow on the pvc assembley and the line have been replaced also.
Old 05-10-2010, 19:30   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Pulling the hoses off like that sounds about right for what happens. The stalling in drive is another story. The transmission range selector switch can possibly cause it if it's giving false readings. Check the connection to see if it's good and not corroded. Try putting it in 1 instead of D and see if it still stalls. Does it always stall even from a cold start?
Old 05-10-2010, 20:23   #5 (permalink)

When you first crank it up no it does not do it. Only when warmed up. I have tried the putting in 1st. Same issue. So I will check all connections on transmission tomorrow and re post results. Thanks for the help so far. Btw I do work at a mechanic shop. All my mechanics are stumped by this. I am a front end type of guy lol. I am a align tech.
Old 05-10-2010, 20:41   #6 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

There's still a possibility that the TCC is staying engaged. Try driving it around in only drive by pressing the OD button on the shift lever and see if it still does that. It'll be like an older vehicle without overdrive and use a little more gas but at least you can verify if it's the TCC not unlocking.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum