01 Expedition hard to start/stalling when stopped - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2005, 21:15   #1 (permalink)

frown 01 Expedition hard to start/stalling when stopped

I have a 2001 Expedition. I haven't had any problems with it. I had the brakes done about three days ago and then had it inspected. It passed inspection without any problems. Then, the very next day I got in it to leave and it kept trying to start, but would idle all the way back down and die. I tried it several more times and the same thing happened. Finally, I got it started and drove to the store. When I came back out of the store I tried to start it up and it took 30 minutes to finally get it going and then it stalled everytime I stopped. If I put it in neutral when I stop and give it gas, it will stay started, but it is very annoying and I just spent $300 on brakes......I'm praying this is a cheap fix. Also, there are no lights coming on the dash. I've read everyone's threads and I'm thinking it may be the IAC, alternator, fuel pump or something like that. Please help, I'm a woman and don't want to get jerked around. They already tried that with the brakes.
jclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2005, 22:31   #2 (permalink)

Re: 01 Expedition hard to start/stalling when stopped

I had a similar problem with my 2000. IAC valve was faulty. Parts were $54 and I did the work, so I'm not sure about that. I took me about 30 minutes to confirm the problem and 20 minuites to install the new part. Good luck.
jason_marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum