'03 Expedition Front AC not working - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 07:15   #1 (permalink)

'03 Expedition Front AC not working

The AC blows cold in rear when I turn it on but nothing comes out of the front other than a whisper of air. I figure there's a blower somewhere that has died. Anyone got any thoughts on what I am looking for and where I should be looking for it?

I'm a pretty competent mechanic but can't find my service manual. My wife would really like to have cold air as we are heading out on the road for vacation!
typerracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2010, 15:59   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: '03 Expedition Front AC not working

The blower is behind the glove box. Have you checked the fuses?
Old 07-25-2010, 20:35   #3 (permalink)

Re: '03 Expedition Front AC not working

Yes check the fuses behind the passenger kick panel. Look at fuse 116 (30 amp) and see if it's blown. That is your front blower fuse. If that fuse is not blown see if the blower will work in any of the selectable speeds. If not, either your speed control relay is toast or the blower motor has burned out. You can see and access all these items by removing the glove box. Simply open the glovebox, squeeze the stop tabs on either side inward so that the glovebox is allowed to fall open, then remove the 3 small bolts that attach the hinge area. The speed control box (Auto Climate Control) is that matchbox size thing attached to the side of the airbox that you first see right behind the glovebox. Further back you will see the interior inlet for the front A/C intake. The motor must be running for the flapper door to shut (i.e. switch to interior/recycle cabin air). It defaults to the open/outside air position when the engine is shut off (loss of vacuum). If you've never cleaned the interior air inlet you will find it covered with dust build up. A cabin air filter would've been a great design feature for these trucks, but Ford's logic went the Yugo way on that one. The blower motor itself is just unbolted from below. If you hear/see that that blower motor is actually working but you're not getting any airflow out of the vents check the supply vacuum line under the hood (passengerside near the firewall). Make sure that little vacuum line didn't pop off or it will kill your dash vents. Let us know what you find.

- Mike
Hamfisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum