Ford Forums banner

03 Navigator door ajar and board open and close for no reason when driving

7K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  msrdude 
#1 ·
I have a 03 Navigator, and when I drive, the car keeps making this beeping noise, the lights inside comes on, and the board comes out for like half a second. It does this for like 10 to 20 mins before it stops doing that. Also, when I parked my car and locked my car with the remote, the car alarm overnight would start going off many times. I know that the right side is the problem because only the right side board would deploy. I am guessing that the car door sensor is bad so that is why the car thinks the door is open and the alarm sounds when the car is armed. Problem is, does the car even have a door sensor and if so where is it located because I replaced the door actuator in the right rear and did not see any door sensor.

#3 ·
Update: For some reason, the car sat all day today and the alarm didnt go off. When 10 o clock pm hits, the alarm goes off whenever it wants to. Not just today, but last night and the night before Weird, it only goes off at night and not in the morning or afternoon

#4 ·
I ended up replacing the door ajar switch for the right front, which was the one causing the problem. I wanted to lube the switch up with WD 40 then use silicone spray but i know it will just go back weeks later.

But damn, that small part cost 60 bucks at the dealer! Luckily I knew the guy and I got a discount. But still, my friend said he paid 20 dollars for his, but it was for a Ford. I guess luxury cars cost more than regular cars

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.