03' navigator engine problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 06:52   #1 (permalink)

03' navigator engine problem

Recently purchased a used 03 navigator and we love it. Some issues with it as with most used cars. It has 70k miles on it and stayed at dealer for two weeks while they struggled with air bags (they replaced all, and struts and still leaked)...they resolved issues when they found leakin top...seems ok now.

But the major issue is this, though maybe normal?
Last night I started it up and the SUV began shaking and was running REALLY rough like on 7clys or like putting a wrong wire on a piston (i have rebuilt many motors)...I ran to the store and it was like driving a blown motor.
I turned off motor down the street and restarted it. It ran perfect.
hasnt happpened since...

The other issues are the Key lock in sterring wheel comes apart...sometimes when we relase the key the whole thing comes out...

and the passenger cool seating does not work...
and the dvd rattles like crays which ill play with today...

so any inpuit would be really appreaciated...

oh, and how you put down middle seat at 2nd row, i CAN NOT fine a levle or anything other than moving foward...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2137 (Small).JPG (54.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2138 (Small).JPG (54.4 KB, 6 views)
dtile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2009, 07:06   #2 (permalink)

Re: 03' navigator engine problem

forgot to mention...when we bought car we filled up tank with 93 octane...when half the tank emptied Ifilled up with premium, 89 octane...the cap states 91...think the misfire issue? its at half a tank now.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:09   #3 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

The misfire is probably a coil. If take it to Auto Zone, they will pull codes for free. Then switch the coil with an easy one to get to and see if the miss goes with it. If it hasn't been long ince you bought it, maybe the dealer will check the miss out.

The key coming out means the pin that holds it in must be broken. Hopefuly it wasn't a stolen rig that somebody broke that part.

I don't know about the DVD player. You can download an owners manual here. https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/results.asp
The seat information is around page 168 and the rear seat on 175.

Welcome to the forums.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:26   #4 (permalink)

thanks for the quick replay and info...yes, I looked at my manual, there is NO "strap" located in the seat we have..very strange...
"Folding the 20% seat system (if equipped) 1. Locate the release strap located between the front cushion and the seat back, and pull the strap to
release the folding seat latch." pg 177

Wouldnt the coil always be bad? or itermettent like it did?
Old 11-12-2009, 08:34   #5 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

The coils can be intermittant. There could also be moisture by the plug. The insulators sometimes get damaged and the spark will arc to ground in the hole.
Old 11-12-2009, 13:46   #6 (permalink)

Autozone wasnt able t olook at code since there policy is :"engine light has to be on"...it never did go on...so I went to dealer...they claim its the key.
The error code history had this :
p0351-p0360 (Ignition Coil A thru J Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction) and p0400 (EGR FLow Failure)...

po351 could mean "Open or short in Igition Start/Run circut they claim which might happen when the key is not firmly placed in clyinder...

So, they want me to take to keylock guy...

who knows.
Old 11-12-2009, 16:40   #7 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

I'd say it would be a good idea to hav a lock shop take a look at it. Then go from there and see how it goes. They'll know if the lock was pried or if it's just a new part needed.
Old 11-12-2009, 16:43   #8 (permalink)

Smile Re: 03' navigator engine problem

ya, will do, already called one, about 150.00 for job...any sites with schematics of motor? Much appreciated...lyuba
Old 11-12-2009, 17:35   #9 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

What kind of schematics do you mean? The wiring for a circuit or?
Old 11-12-2009, 17:39   #10 (permalink)

maybe wrong word...motor diagrams?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum