Ford Forums banner

03 Navigator one a/c vent not working

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  msrdude 
#1 ·
The a/c vent on the right middle one has no air coming out when the air is on. The circular knob that opens and closes the vent works because i see it move when I move the knob. Anyone knows what could be wrong? Also, if someone knows how to remove the dash to get to the vent, can you tell me how to remove the dash, I want to check out if something is loose or broken or something is clogging inside.

#2 ·
oops, i meant the right middle air vent has little air coming out and not no air coming out. The other 3 vents are working fine. Also, when the blower motor is on low or on high, the same amount of little air comes out of the right middle vent. I think something is clogged. I don't think there is a cabin filter for this car. I changed the air filter already. Any ideas???
Removing the dash to get inside the vent area is too difficult. too much removal of things.

#4 ·
Update: I used a snap-on camera and put the camera into the clogged vent. i found and a big piece of foam that probably fell somewhere in the vent covering most of the vent opening, thus causing weak air coming out of the vent. Is there a way to remove the foam out without removing the dash or coverings?? I was going to use a strong coat hanger and remove it, but the foam is too big and the vent is too small. Can I remove the foam with the coat hanger from the bottom vent near the leg area?

#6 ·
ok, i did it the hard way. i took a screwdriver and pried the top area and it unclipped, but problem was the bottom area where you have the ashtray and cigarette lighter section made the cover not come off. I saw the 2 vents and clock in the middle was held by 5 clips on top and 4 special kind of clips below it. I removed all the clips but the bottom ones were a pain in the neck. The vent and clock was removed and I used a strong piece on metal wire and started to remove the clog foam inside the vent. All this was not easy and putting it back was worse than removing it. i am serious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.