Ford Forums banner

04 lincoln navigator rough idle/ hesitation

16K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  cmack 
#1 ·
hello all i am new to this site, i looked and searched for a answer to this.
im sure it is a normal problem for all fords.

i got the navi used like 6 months ago. i noticed that there is now hesitation while drivinf and a very slight rough idle in park or at the light. my wife says it is verynoticeable. please help man i dont know what to do..:angry:

o and btw no check engine light.. wtf

#5 ·
lol that guy is so right, i have a customer vehicle right now same issue, i hear a leak coming from the right front shock, turns out they use vacuum pressure to build up off or something along that line, so if one of the shocks are leaking it will cause a vacuum leak issue when the shock is filling up as in when your driving at some speeds or maybe even at idle

hope it helps i'm still working on the car going to the shop now to find out after i turn off the system if the issue is still there

#6 ·
Most likely, it's a bad ignition coil. It's very common for these to go bad on Fords/Lincolns. There's 8 of them under the hood, I had the same issue, and had to take it to the dealership for them to repair. Cost about $300 (including the diagnostic). Driving good ever since. *knock on wood*

#7 ·
coils man. They go bad. 03 Navi here and 4 of mine went out. If you don't have a check engine light you should get one soon and then you could go to autozone so they can tell you which one are bad and you can change them (might as well do the plugs too), or you can take it to the dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.