04 Navigator PCM, and AC issues. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 10:55   #1 (permalink)

04 Navigator PCM, and AC issues.

I have a 04 Lincoln Navigator and have a few issues, any help would be great.

1st. Cruise not working and have narrowed it down to PCM, Do you think i can just have PCM flashed and it should fix it, or do i need a whole new one, and where do i get it besides dealer who wants $700 for it plus $100 to flash it. The only thing not working is the Cruise

2nd. AC blows cold but not cold enough especially when really hot out. i have check the freon and its full, any ideas, its cold, but not near like it should be. so i know its coming on.

3rd. I get the rattles when i first start the truck, especially after it has been sitting for a little while. getting worse as the temp is getting hotter? i have heard it could be valves, or timing chain, should i do anything to it, or just let it go.

thanks for the help.
soloblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2011, 00:39   #2 (permalink)

Re: 04 Navigator PCM, and AC issues.

1st, I am having trouble understanding why the PCM, if defaulty, would only have one symptom, no cruise. I think we should figure out and rediagnose here if it is the PCM, because this is often a "go to" diagnosis. If a PCM were defaulty, in my legnthy experience with electrical systems, it would have multiple faults, seeing as how it has only but a few boards in it.
2nd, Check and see if the A.C lines are dripping anywhere, check your floorboards too. If they are, you need an evap canister, its clogged. If not, then you need to check and see if your condenser is clogged. You cant do that most likely, but that is the most common problem.
3rd, this is best helped with a video. Please put one up with a link or the video in the post, from very cold startup to driving down the road. Explain everything you can in the video without speaking over the noise of the problem if you can. We can help you better from there.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:33   #3 (permalink)

Re: 04 Navigator PCM, and AC issues.

Well i have the ford speed control switch checking order, i followed it and the switches all test good and were workign within specs, so it said i need to change the PCM. is there something else i should check on that first?

i will check for water leaks on canister for ac and inside as well.

I can make a video and will do this weekend. thanks
soloblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum