05 Navigator No Audio From Roof Mounted Dvd Player - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 06:21   #1 (permalink)
TECHNINE & NOMIS UK

05 Navigator No Audio From Roof Mounted Dvd Player

Can anyone help me on this, as im stumped.

I have a 2005 LINCOLN NAVIGATOR and I have changed the head unit to an after market unit due to me being in the UK and using PAL/different navigation dics.

I have managed to connect up the AMP and SUB without any problems, all the speakers are working and I have managed to power up the roof mounted DVD player and I have fed a signal to it via the AUX input.

But when I want to use roof mounted DVD player as a stand alone player, ie a DVD playing in the back and the radio/sat nav in the front, there is no audio coming from the roof mounted DVD player or through the wireless headphones or from the headphone jack in the centre consol.

If I put the factory head unit back in then the wireless headphones pick up the audio from the roof mlunted player and headphone jack works fine, so I am assuming there is some kind of loop system which connected to the old head unit that needs connecting to something or looping back on themselves to get the audio to work ?????

If anyone has any experience on this or can help me get it working please let me know as I am constantly listening to my kids HighSchool Muscial everytime we get in the car and its driving me insane !
oneloveofboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2009, 07:58   #2 (permalink)
TECHNINE & NOMIS UK

Re: 05 Navigator No Audio From Roof Mounted Dvd Player

Hi does anyone have or know where I can get a copy of the wiring diagram for the 2005/2006 NAVIGATOR premium sound system.

I am based in the UK and getting hold of anything LINCOLN is hardwork so any help is apprecaited.

I am sure there is a simple explanation I just cant figure it out and ive tried all kinds.

Any help is really apprecaited.
Old 03-28-2009, 21:37   #3 (permalink)

send my an e-mail...i may have what you need.
dtd07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:08   #4 (permalink)
TECHNINE & NOMIS UK

FIX'd IT !!!!

though I would just post this up anyway just in case anyone in the future has the same problem,

If you change the headunit to an aftermarket option, and you have a roof mounted DVD player with premium sound, then the wireless headphones stop working, even though the transmitter to the headphones is located on the roof mounted player.

The reason is that the player puts an audio signal out to the head unit which then puts the audio signal to the centre consol control which then sends the audio singal back to the wireless transmitter in the roof mounted DVD player.

So there is a nice simple fix to get the headphones working again, just loop the output audio feeds, to the input audio feeds on the multiplug on the roof mounted DVD player.

In my 05 Navigator they are coloured like this

HEADPHONE IN loop to SPEAKER FEED OUT
LEFT + red ....loop to.... LEFT + white
LEFT - white ....loop to.... LEFT - light green
RIGHT + orange ....loop to.... RIGHT + red
RIGHT - pink ....loop to.... RIGHT - black

big thanks to DTD07 who helped me with the wiring diargrams
Old 04-24-2009, 18:31   #5 (permalink)

I have the same issue on my 05 Expedition. I pulled my head unit out hoping for a quick fix, but I don't have the same color wires for the headphone in. I have PMed DTD07 in hopes that they will be able to help with the wiring. Did you make your loop at the dash or at the rear DVD?
PCBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:44   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneloveofboard View Post
I have a 2005 LINCOLN NAVIGATOR and I have changed the head unit to an after market unit due to me being in the UK and using PAL/different navigation dics.
hi

have you been able to find a navigation DVD compatible with Lincoln navigation system, which covers the European areas?
Kummipuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:34   #7 (permalink)
TECHNINE & NOMIS UK

For the Headphones I made the loop at the roof mounted DVD player as the back of the stereo goes to the centre consol unit and not directly to the DVD player.

On mine there is a headphone jack and also a switch for the audio on the centre consol, if you have the same look at the colours of the wires and match them to the roof mount and you should be able to trial and error on a loop to get them working.

-------------------------

For the Navigation DVD I gave up and switched the head unit to an after market one with SATNAV built in, as I believe from speaking to lincoln there is not such DVD as the navi was only made for resale in the US markets.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:59   #8 (permalink)

navigator 2005 map disc

hi
I have lincoln navigator 2005
I want map dvd disc for europe and middle east countries .
If not available What I do for works navigation in europe or middle east.

humm2003@hotmail.com
humm2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum