07 Expedition EL loose driver's seat? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2007, 02:04   #1 (permalink)

07 Expedition EL loose driver's seat?

Have less than 300 miles on my new Expedition EL. I can feel the driver's seat "rock" back when I accelerate from a stop and settle back when I slow down. I'd rather not leave it at the dealer for the day to fix this if it's just a matter of tightening a bolt or two. Any suggestions?
Jason Merrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2008, 14:34   #2 (permalink)

Re: 07 Expedition EL loose driver's seat?

I'm having a similar issue, except it sounds more like a creaking or speaking noise (i've had mine for 3 weeks) and it's an '08 brand new. dealership says new seats won't correct it, since it appears to be the standard design or construction of the frame.
I'm not happy about it.

Did they resolve it somehow for you?
atd109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 16:26   #3 (permalink)

No, I'm still having problems today, despite the seat rails being replaced twice. The dealer doesn't have much to offer in the way of a solution either, so for now I'm just living with it.

When you use the electric control to slide your seat forwards or backwards, do you feel "notchiness" in the travel? Mine is so bad, the seat actually stops moving, and I have to press the switch again to get it to finish it's full motion.
Jason Merrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:36   #4 (permalink)

No, thus far I have no issues with the rails or mechanics of the electric seats. My only complaint is that the seats seem to have foam or something inside that "Creaks" or "squeaks" when you drive... basically hear noises every time you accellerate, decellerate, or move in the seat...

If it's like this at 500 miles, how will it be at 50,000?

I'm trying to get a refund or get them to install upgraded seats... we'll see how that goes.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:15   #5 (permalink)

I've noticed the "rocking" of the seat as you put it.
From my experience with Ford over the past few months, I hate to say it, but I'll never buy another Ford again. Awful customer service... their phone line is a joke, and they NEVER have a resolution for me.

So far, I have the seats that are made from cheap foam that make noises, and seem to "pick up" or rock back a bit when you accelerate... the rear entertainment DVD system rattles when I hit bumps (and it's right next to my ear)...

Bad purchase all around... you'd think for a $40 K truck they'd put a bit of quality behind it.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:27   #6 (permalink)

Same symptoms here guys. Last Ford for me too
tegition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:56   #7 (permalink)

I have a 2009 Ford Edge with the same problem. My dealer is being okay (thus far) but already posed the idea that it might be working as designed. $40K for a vehicle and they can't get seats mounted right?... ridiculous.

No more Fords for me.
markdotnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum