Ford Forums banner

1998 Lincoln Navigator Air Ride Issues

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JustPassinThru 
#1 ·
I have a 1998 Lincoln Navigator 4x4. My Check suspention light has came on and off over the last few months. Now I have noticed that my rear is extremely low and my air compressor is not kicking on. I tried reseting the system by switch the air suspention switch under the dash didnt work. When I unplug the compressor I see 4 wires Red,Black,LT Blue,White. Hook the red wire to power and the black to ground I can get the pump to kick on fine but my rear stays to the ground i even jacked up the rear while the pump was going and it dosnt seem any air is getting to the bags. I have a few questions. When I jump it to get the pump to work is there a reason why my rear of my navi wont air up. What is the blue and white wire for? I figure the relay probably went bad but why when I bypass the pump it wont air up there rear. Is there a electronic air release valve or something. Thank you for all your help.

#2 ·
The bag probably blew, or there is a leak in the line. This generally causes the pump to run on until the relay or the pump fails completely. Often the pump will cycle but not fill the accumulator. Best solution... SPRING CONVERSION!!! or coilover even. Air suspension from the 80/90s is laced with stupid problems... Towncars, LandRovers... it all sucks. Good luck man. If you need help I have a few sources.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.