2000 expedition oil pressure - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2005, 08:39   #1 (permalink)

2000 expedition oil pressure

i have a 2000 ford expedition and when it's cold weather the oil pressure shows nothing when i first start...takes about 5 minutes for it to show pressure and for the oil light to go off. engine does not tick or sound like its not getting oil, just wondering if anyone else has had this happen and what you did to fix.
nikki_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2005, 09:10   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2000 expedition oil pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki_h
i have a 2000 ford expedition and when it's cold weather the oil pressure shows nothing when i first start...takes about 5 minutes for it to show pressure and for the oil light to go off. engine does not tick or sound like its not getting oil, just wondering if anyone else has had this happen and what you did to fix.
I had the exact same problem with my 2000 Expedition. The dealership recomended replacing the oil pressure sensor. The price of the sensor was less than $10.00 but the labor was going to be way up there. I decided to replace it myself. The sensor is located beside the oil filter and the filter must be removed to get to it. You can't get a socket on it without getting the wire disconnected and I couldn't get my arm in far enough to get the wire connector off. After messing with it for approx. 2 hours I got the wire off and was able to get to the sensor. I discovered that it was loose. I replaced it any way since I was already to this point. I suspect the only thing wrong with mine was a loose sensor. You might want to see if you can get yours tightned when you get your oil changed. The mechanic will already have your oil filter out of the way and should be able to get a wrench on the sensor.
Good luck,
BrentB
BrentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum