2001 expo w/5.4 confused help tired of lumps on head from wife - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 11:33   #1 (permalink)

confused 2001 expo w/5.4 confused help tired of lumps on head from wife

ok first let me say im new here but let me get to the point. I am having a few issues first ill start with the codes im am getting a p0174, and a p1071 witch apparently is saying banks 1 and 2 are running to lean o171 being bank one and 0174 bank 2 last summer i replaced all 4 o2 sensors . the service engine light is of course on it runs Rough at An Idle and Some Times dies at a light today i found a massive hole in the tubing connector to the pcv valve and replaced it now the idle is much lower and still a bit rough at times. one question is could the air cleaner be to dirty and causing some of this? or should i keep looking i know a an air cleaner would be the cheep thing to test at this point but money is tight right now. Next thing the cruse control has stoped working and i am wondering if its a vacuum leak someplace due to when it stopped used to you could romp on the gas and it would then set but not now the cruse light just will flash once when you try and set it now .
i hope this enough info to help me if not ask me and ill give more. i am just at a loss if this were earlier model auto i could get it figured out
fishintexn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 11:44   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: 2001 expo w/5.4 confused help tired of lumps on head from wife

If the air fllter was very dirty it would cause engine to run richer .Checked the plugs recently and any other vac pipes/ hoses ?
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:55   #3 (permalink)

thats what i was thinlking about the air filter. I changed the plugs in april and one of the coil packs because i broke one trying to check all the hosees as we speak also changed the full filter in april due to simular prob flugs caused it to run smoother but its still not right so here i am
Old 08-26-2012, 12:04   #4 (permalink)
Moderators

Possibly another of the coil packs breaking down under load ? No signs of any tracking / shorting ? Not sure about the cruise control on that car but if it has switches at pedals as most do , worth checking .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 13:52   #5 (permalink)

i did discover that apparently cruse is no longer ran with vacuume there is only a plug that plugs in. On a side note would the selector position marker being off prevent it from going into cruse ? as right now r=p ,n=r,d=n,2=d and so fourth
Old 08-26-2012, 15:24   #6 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Unplug the MAF sensor and see how it runs. Post back.
Old 08-26-2012, 16:04   #7 (permalink)

ok will do. its idle has smothed out so far thru the day . will this posibley work thru the lean codes?
Old 08-26-2012, 16:45   #8 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Many lean codes are caused by a dirty or defective MAF.
Old 08-27-2012, 16:11   #9 (permalink)

ok cleaned maf today with electrical cleaner and unpluged the neg cable while i changed thermostat on my other trk so all the codes would clear now to see if the combo of the vac leak on pcv and cleaning the maf cured it
Old 08-29-2012, 09:01   #10 (permalink)

ok all appears good, No service engine soon light so far. I have been having my wife put it through its paces as she would any other day i am happy shes almost happy now to figure out why cruse isin't working surly it isint the just over 170,000 miles on it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum