Ford Forums banner

2002 Eddie Bower sunroof problem

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Bert 
#1 ·
Hi, new guy here. I've got a problem with the wifes' 02 Expedition sunroof. I opened the inner sun shade rapidly a few months ago and heard a metalic clang. Now everytime you hit a bump you can hear a loose piece of metal bouncing around. Lately the roof is getting jammed by this and won't open. Today I was able to get hold of the thing and remove it. It apparently is the piece that opens and closes the inner sun shade when you open the glass part. It appears to ride in the track but I cannot see what its supposed to be attached to or with what. There are two rectangular holes, one per side but its obvious that there have never been any bolts or screws in them as the paint shows no marks. I'm guessing some kind of clip held it in and is now broken or missing. Is there anywhere I can see a picture, parts diagram or manual that would show me how to fix this? The Haynes manual I have is less than useless for this topic. All help appreciated as my wife is on my case about "breaking" her car. I'd like to avoid a trip to the dealer as they usually aren't all that knowledgable and aren't cheap either.
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.