Ford Forums banner

2003 Expedition A/C vacuum line

11K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  R.S.LOGAN 
#1 ·
2003 Expedition A/C vacuum line: Solved

The A/C was blowing out through the defroster vents and I could'nt change it, I found a very thin broken vacuum line near the fire wall in the engine compartment, after I repaired it, it was working fine. Today I had the same problem with the vent control, when I checked the vacuum line again it had broken off at the fire wall and fallen in behind the dash and I cannot find it.
I would like to run a new line but I dont know where to connect it. Is there a diagram or a picture of where it connects to under the dash?? Thanks

Solved: Turns out the small vacuum hose does not go through the fire wall, there is actually a hose socket in the fire wall it just pushes into..:hy:

#2 ·
2003 Expedition A/C vacuum line: Solved

The A/C was blowing out through the defroster vents and I could'nt change it, I found a very thin broken vacuum line near the fire wall in the engine compartment, after I repaired it, it was working fine. Today I had the same problem with the vent control, when I checked the vacuum line again it had broken off at the fire wall and fallen in behind the dash and I cannot find it.
I would like to run a new line but I dont know where to connect it. Is there a diagram or a picture of where it connects to under the dash?? Thanks

Solved: Turns out the small vacuum hose does not go through the fire wall, there is actually a hose socket in the fire wall it just pushes into..:hy:
i also have a 2003 expedition with the 5.4 triton. Recently i did work to it. Replaced slipping transmission, replaced ac compressor and replaced the upper plastic intake (was warped and leaked anti freeze). Replaced valve cover gaskets, plugs, water pump. While i was at it, i replaced the expansion valve. I did have another guy that was "helping" a little. While installing the expansion valve, i noticed the vacuum line that went thru firewall that controls the blend doors was broken and was no longer thru the firewall. The ac is working but it won't blow out anywhere except defrost. I read that when something malfunctions...the default is defrost. I have pulled the dash center out as well as removed the radio...but i can not see the vacuum line that is broken. You stated that the vacuum line ONLY goes into the grommet...is that correct? There is supposed to be (from what i can tell from looking at other expeditions) 2 vacuum lines in this grommet. One is supposed to go TO the climate control...and when AC is selected, the vacuum comes back to the engine compartment and gors to the control that closes and shuts the hot water off. That one is intact. It's the one that goes to the climate control that is broken. If what you are saying is correct...all i should have to do is stick the vacuum line back into the grommet and it should start working. I had a mechanic look at it and he had connected the line (comes off a T-style vacuum connector with what i believe is a 1 way port) to a line that LOOKS like a vacuum line...but is what i believe is a vent for either the front axle or something else on the front of the vehicle. I know this post is long but wanted to make sure i explained everything the best i could. I also had a different mechanic tell me the ECM is showing it's bad on a scanner tool and he said i needed to replace the ecm to fix it. I haven't been able to find anything online indicating the ecm controls the blend doors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.