2003 expedition eddie bauer vibration issue - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 17:58   #1 (permalink)

2003 expedition eddie bauer vibration issue

I am experiencing a vibration problem that is very noticeable between 70-75 mph. It started a month or so when I had my tires rotated. They claimed that my rear tires, goodyear trackers had broken belts. Only had them for 8 months and after paying the upcharge they replaced them moving the rears to the front, the next day I noticed a vibration. Went to an affilate as they were booked and they said the other store didn't balance the front tires and they corrected it. Vibration continued. Took Exedition to another mechanic and after an inspection they found nothing, so they put it up on a hoist and put it in gear and they claim that the tires were bouncing and that all the tires, including the 2 new ones had broken belts. I went back to the other store, got the store mgr involved and he said to upgrade me at no charge to the best tires they carried and gave me 4 brand new Bridgestone tires. Vibration still there. Went to yet another mechanic and up on the hoist discovered that the U-Joints needed to be replaced. Did it and still a vibration. Went to Belle Tire today had a load balance performed, load bal okay but balance off as much as 3oz per tire, drove away and vibration still there. I feel it on the center arm rest and when in all-wheel drive. Anyone ever experienced this with their Expedition? Where can I go from here, it's driving me crazy !!!
jimjozwiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2009, 00:12   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2003 expedition eddie bauer vibration issue

have a mechanic check the front driveshaft u-joints he will need to remove the shaft from the truck to inspect it there is a ball that sits on a pin with needle bearings in it. if you have the double jointed shaft, that is where the problem lies
mrk1980m1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 21:03   #3 (permalink)

Re: 2003 expedition eddie bauer vibration issue

I have this problem. Changed the front ujoints but nothing.
nyceride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum