Ford Forums banner

2003 Ford Expedition XLT 4x4... hesitates on accelaration

8K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  stevebazz 
#1 ·
Hello every one, this is my first post. I recently purchased a 2003 Ford Expedition XLT 4x4 with 74K miles. Truck runs real good but has slight hesitation on accelaration. The hesitation on accelearation is while accelerating from a stop or while idleing at a speed lets say 30 - 40mph and stepping on the accelerator ....

Any advice? i put 93 octane fuel.

#4 ·
Funny that this happened to you too. I have a 2004 Navigator it sounds like the same thing that happened to me. I took it to my mechanic and it never happpened for him. I needed a new plugs so I did that anyway. It still happened. He suggested I take it to the dealer because there machinery was more sophisticated and might show the problem. Anyways they did a full diagnostics and nothing showed. They installed a flight recorder and just my luck nothing has happened in two weeks. However there was an update that had to be put on the computer so they did that however he didnt seem to think that that would be the problem, but you never know. My truck actually stalled on me a few times. It usually happened from a stop when I wanted to accelerate, but it also was happening as I was driving on the freeway at even with the cruise on. It would just kind of jump or want to stop almost it was hard to explain. Does this sound like the same thing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.