Ford Forums banner

2003 navigator seat problem

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Gmaxx 
#1 ·
I just bought 2003 navigator the drivers seat wont adjust makes a clicking noise under right side of the seat also the power pedals wont move it makes the same click under the seat when the button is pushed any ideas would be appreciated

#4 ·
Drivers seat forward and reverse button just clicks. Take cover from front of seat and see if the motor is torquing both directions...if so the gear drive is jammed. To verify the motor worked I removed the bolt at each end to free the motor and shaft assmebly. Cut the zip ties at both ends where the flexible shafts insert into the gearboxes on both seat rails. Pull out the flexible shafts, they are square on the ends. Watch these and touch seat button forward briefly, if they spin motors fine, gear box is jammed up where it stops going backward. To unjam, insert a small 1/8 to 3/16 inch blade screwdriver into the gearbox hole, turn it the opposite direction of being jammed...I think counterclock wise but can remember. It will be tight but will turn with a little effort...DONT strip the hole out or its over! I turned both sides till they turned easily. Insert the drive cable back into the gearboxes. If they do not go in all the way tap the switch forward and they should go in. Replace the motor assembly and bolt it down. Remember to listen to the motor and when it stops ...take you finger off the switch! Fix took me 4 h to figure out and 20 minutes to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.