2004 Navigator Powerlift tailgate and Seat A/C not working - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 16:01   #1 (permalink)

2004 Navigator Powerlift tailgate and Seat A/C not working

Hi
I have a friend who has purchased a 2004 Navigator... The Seat A/c and the powertail lift don't seem to work. I have checked the fuses in the kick panel. But as far as i can see all is OK. unless I've missed something.. Can anyonee help? Ohh forgot to mention that the battery was flat... also noticed the radio wont turn off when you turn the key off and open the door. Is this normal??
thanx in advance for advice and help.....
Psychopav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2009, 00:43   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2004 Navigator Powerlift tailgate and Seat A/C not working

I read on some other forums that, once they replace the battery some of the system, like the seat and other things don't function. and a visit to the dealer will "reprogram" the computer to relearn those functions. this may be the case, with a low battery.
Has for the radio..check the back to see if the previous owner had re-wire the radio to bypass the delay shut off function.
dtd07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 14:22   #3 (permalink)

Thanx for your info... It makes sense
I've also realized that the interior lights don't come on with the doors and the auto lights don't work either... is there anyway i can reboot? with out going to the dealer??
Old 05-27-2009, 23:57   #4 (permalink)

from the others who have the same problem...dealer was the only way.
...it won't be free, maybe...who knows.
I got one of those...9v battery adaptor that goes to the 12v power supply..just incase I need to change the battery.."battery saver" there called?? Anyway.
dtd07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:11   #5 (permalink)

Makes sense... Kinda makes you wonder why the hell would you make a car and then sell it knowing it will give this problem....
Thanx for you advice...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum