2005 Eddie Bauer Brake Problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2006, 23:14   #1 (permalink)

2005 Eddie Bauer Brake Problem

On two occassions with my wife driving she has had the brakes fail to stop the vehicle in a timely manner. Timely manner meaning at 30 mph the vehicle will not stop for a few hundred feet. Second time it happened to her she didn't panic and just held her foot firmly on the brake and she had pedal pressure. She said she could hear like a grinding noise, like as if the pads were wore out and grinding the rotors, pads and rotors checked out. Vehicle will eventually come to a stop. Any ideas? Ford has had two dealers look at it now and say it is ok, all they are doing is looking for error codes, no error codes no issue, come get it. How do you get back in a car where on two occasions the brakes have failed to worK? Called FORD and thier position is oh well, dealer can not duplicate it, so it must be ok.
TurboKaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2006, 08:54   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2005 Eddie Bauer Brake Problem

I had the exact problem with my 2004 Expedition on May 25, 2006. My car is at the dealership to be diagnosed. Have they come to any conclusions with your car at this time. Does your car have Advance Trac?
concerned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 18:13   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by concerned1
I had the exact problem with my 2004 Expedition on May 25, 2006. My car is at the dealership to be diagnosed. Have they come to any conclusions with your car at this time. Does your car have Advance Trac?
Thanks for responding. I have found no one else that has had this problem, at least not on the net. Yes it has Advance Trac RSC (Roll stability control). I filed the paperwork for Lemon Law and dropped it off tonight for the Ford field engineer to inspect it out tomorrow. Will post up more after that. They have not been able to find anything at all with mine. But all they do is check the systems looking for codes, if no code no problem. The first time it happned they replaced the master cyclinder, but it happened again a 1000 miles later. Onlything that changed recently on mine was the addition of the Sirrius sat radio that hooks into the factory radio. Do you have that installed? I don't see them finding anything, really worries me because I don't want to get rid of it, want to keep it. Bought it because I likes it over the other choices. Let me know what they say about yours.
Old 05-31-2006, 18:50   #4 (permalink)

The dealer called today and said they are replacing the calipers. Supposed to have it back tomorrow. Wonder if the sensors for the anti-lock brakes are in the calipers? Still skeptical if they are actually fixing it or just replacing parts to make us feel good.
Old 05-31-2006, 21:41   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKaw
Thanks for responding. I have found no one else that has had this problem, at least not on the net. Yes it has Advance Trac RSC (Roll stability control). I filed the paperwork for Lemon Law and dropped it off tonight for the Ford field engineer to inspect it out tomorrow. Will post up more after that. They have not been able to find anything at all with mine. But all they do is check the systems looking for codes, if no code no problem. The first time it happned they replaced the master cyclinder, but it happened again a 1000 miles later. Onlything that changed recently on mine was the addition of the Sirrius sat radio that hooks into the factory radio. Do you have that installed? I don't see them finding anything, really worries me because I don't want to get rid of it, want to keep it. Bought it because I likes it over the other choices. Let me know what they say about yours.
My car is in the still in the shop, they have not found anything. One of the guys from the shop is driving the car home every night. I do not have the Sirrius sat radio. Thank you for your responses.
concerned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 17:02   #6 (permalink)

Picked it up today. They changed the calipers on the front wheels, but not because they thought they were the problem. The Ford field engineer did it as a precautionary method only because there was a newer updated version of the front calipers available. They even told me (the dealer) that they did not change the calipers to fix the problem they still can not find a problem. We will continue trying the lemon law route. They do have a thing called a flight recorder, but it only records from the time you push a button and then it collects data for the previous 1 minute of pushing the button and then the next minute after. They have it to pick up errors io the system that do not kick out error codes. THey did not try it on my Expedition. Let me know what they find out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum