2005 Expedition Engine Rebuild - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 19:39   #1 (permalink)

2005 Expedition Engine Rebuild

Hello all, I'm new to the site and need help with a decision to rebuild the engine in my wife's 05 Expedition (5.4L). Vehicle has 130k miles. We've had all the typical problems for this engine or at least what I hear many owners of vehicles with the same engine say their typical problems are: Cam Phasers, 02-sensors, bad injectors, rich fuel....Sorry, you need a new engine.

Question: Is the ford dealership the best suited to install a rebuilt engine or can I pretty much work with a trusted local garage to handle this job? Ford wants $6k+ while i'm sure this work can be done for close to half that price.
Wifeys2005Expi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 23:07   #2 (permalink)
10 yr FLM Tech

Re: 2005 Expedition Engine Rebuild

The most important things to consider when it comes to you spending money on your vehicle are:

- Do you trust who is performing the job?
- Will they stand behind their parts and labor?

If you can answer yes to both of these questions regarding ANY facility that gives you an estimate, go with the less expensive option.

Take a look at more of my thoughts and experience on this EXACT situation:

How to Find a Good Mechanic or Good Repair Shop Vehicles Defined

Should I Get a Second Opinion About My Vehicle Repair Estimate? Vehicles Defined

Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum