2005 Lincoln Navigator Valve Body - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 23:45   #1 (permalink)

2005 Lincoln Navigator Valve Body

Hey guys I have a 2005 lincoln navigator and my mechanic was trying to repair my advance trac and messed something up, anyways long story short all the lights on my dash came up and the truck stopped communicating with computer (a high end ford computer) so we did trail and error and realized that when he unplugs the transmission the computer can communicate with the truck but when its connected it cannot. any idea what it could be? he says there's something in the valve body that is electronic, could that be it? is there any place where they rebuild that part? or can i buy it used? thanks
yamahar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2010, 10:44   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 2005 Lincoln Navigator Valve Body

I haven't heard of anything ike that. It might be best to take it to the dealer to check it out.
Old 01-23-2011, 00:44   #3 (permalink)

Re: 2005 Lincoln Navigator Valve Body

Ooh Ooh Ooh! I know this one!!!! Why do I know this one? Because I did it on an accident to one expediton. Yes, the valve body is electronically controlled. If an older guy that knows old transmission worked on your, chances are he messed up the valve body and installed it the same way you do on most cars, and he fried the valve body circuit and is making a positive to ground connection to cause failure on communication in your computer. Basically, he didnt fill the valve body up with fluid and pre pressurize the transmission on a tranny flushing machine before he filled the tranny up and ran it down the road. So the little balls made connection when they should have, closing too many circuits at once that should'nt have been, and then there ya go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum