2005 Navi Passenger Seat no longer heats up - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 07:27   #1 (permalink)

2005 Navi Passenger Seat no longer heats up

Hello All

I have a 2005 Navigator and the passenger seat no longer heats up when I turn it on. It cools and the driver seat does both (heat and cool) fine. I remember, before I bought it used, I tested it and it worked. Then I had the dealer replace the seat directional buttons for the passenger seat during the summer, and now the seat doesn't heat. Perhaps they turned something off? I've read the forums and see something called seat climate control module to be reset. If I just pull the battery for 30 mins, does that just reset everything?? I'll do it, if necessary.

Please let me know if anyone knows any way to fix this or reset this. BTW, when I push the heated seat button, I hear a click and the fan turns on. Is there an OEM heater coil shop online that I could buy?
joeymogul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2010, 08:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2005 Navi Passenger Seat no longer heats up

Have you first done the Basics...check the Fuses, and or any connections under the Seat..
Old 11-25-2010, 06:09   #3 (permalink)

Re: 2005 Navi Passenger Seat no longer heats up

Yes, I checked the fuses and there isn't one per seat...there is a fuse for both seats and that was in good shape. I can hear the click of the fan turn on for that seat as well as the driver seat heats up. I don't know of any switches under the seat, perhaps there's an emergency shut-off that was accidentally pushed? Does anyone know where that is?
joeymogul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum

Related Reading: 2005 Navi Passenger Seat no longer heats up