2006 Expedition cabin air filter? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 13:18   #1 (permalink)

2006 Expedition cabin air filter?

Does a 2006 Expedition have a cabin air filter I can easily replace? Someone sold me this and I can't find where it goes :)

2006 Ford Expedition Cabin Air Filter - Air Intake - NPN - PartsGeek

thanks

Vinny
vdirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2008, 14:37   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: 2006 Expedition cabin air filter?

It should have one. It might be located behind the glove box but not 100% sure.

Most filters are accessible through an access panel in the HVAC housing, which may be under the hood or in the interior of the car. Some filters require basic hand tools to remove and install the filter; others just require your hands. Should be an example in your owners manual and should be easy to replace. Check the plastic cover under the windshield or the duct work under the hood.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 16:17   #3 (permalink)
tvl

I could be wrong, but I do not think your 2006 Expedition utilizes this type filter.

I have a 1998 Expedition and the website you posted indicates I should use the exact same filter for my truck. I have the factory service manuals for my truck and this filter is mentioned nowhere in any of the manuals. Of course, I did go and look inside the truck, underneath the dash and underneath the hood only to find no such filter. Our Expedition is the Eddie Bauer model and I do feel if any model used this filter, it would be the Eddie Bauer. Unless these folks can prove me wrong, no such filter is used on your vehicle!

By the way: Our 2008 Expedition (Eddie Bauer) uses no such filter either. It does, however, have filters located underneath the drivers and passengers front seats. These seats are heated and air conditioned. These filters are round in shape(about 5 inches in diameter) and look nothing like the one displayed in your post
tvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:51   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvl View Post
I could be wrong, but I do not think your 2006 Expedition utilizes this type filter.

I have a 1998 Expedition and the website you posted indicates I should use the exact same filter for my truck. I have the factory service manuals for my truck and this filter is mentioned nowhere in any of the manuals. Of course, I did go and look inside the truck, underneath the dash and underneath the hood only to find no such filter. Our Expedition is the Eddie Bauer model and I do feel if any model used this filter, it would be the Eddie Bauer. Unless these folks can prove me wrong, no such filter is used on your vehicle!
There is no mention of the cabin air filter in the 06 Expedition Owners Manual either. They do recommend changing it every 15k in the Expedition Scheduled Maintenance Guide, (if equipped) lol
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:09   #5 (permalink)

Thanks everyone, I did look under the dash, in the owner's manual, ... and as you said I think I've been had The chase is on!

thanks

Vinny
vdirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:13   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdirico View Post
Does a 2006 Expedition have a cabin air filter I can easily replace? Someone sold me this and I can't find where it goes :)

2006 Ford Expedition Cabin Air Filter - Air Intake - NPN - PartsGeek

thanks

Vinny

I noticed on your link it stats under the driver and passanger seats. I have the 2006 limited and there are filters under the seats for the cool and heated seat blower.
Ironmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum