2007 Expedition EL Limited Keyless Entry Code - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 16:06   #1 (permalink)

2007 Expedition EL Limited Keyless Entry Code

Hello,
We just purchased a used 2007 Expedition EL Limited and I am trying to find the computer in order to get the factory keyless entry code. The card referenced in the owner's manual that has the code on it did NOT come with the vehicle. I've done a good amount of research on this site and the Internet in general. I've also done quite a bit of searching the vehicle with no success. I've drawn the conclusion that the code probably either is not displayed on the 2007 - 2009 Expeditions or it is not readily visible without unbolting something. Here's what I've tried and why I believe the above.
  • Advice - Look on rear liftgate when it is open
  • Result - Nothing found on rear liftgate or liftgate frame
  • Advice - Look for white/creme colored box under driver-side dash to the left of the brake pedal with 5-digit bold number
  • Result - Found black module box about 6" x 4" x 1" that has FoMoCo on it, but did not see 5-digit bold number on it. It says RASM module and ABS on it, so I'm guessing it has to do with Anti-Lock Brakes.
  • Advice - Look under dash on passenger-side and/or remove glove box to check all area under dash. Operate door locks with remote and listing for audible clicking to help locate computer.
  • Result - Nothing found visually. Found the fuse/relay block that creates audible click. However, did not see any 5-digit bold number and clicking may simply be door lock relay. Looked all over and behind fuse/block with a flashlight and a mirror with no luck.

Finally, I've noted that people that want to sell you the information usually do not include 2007 or newer Expeditions in their offerings. Additionally, the posts that say they found the code all seem to reference Expeditions older than 2007's.

Therefore, it is possible that one of the modules located has the number I need, but it has to be unbolted in order to see the number. However, I would rather not start removing modules only to find out that there is no sticker on 2007 and newer Expeditions.

Does anyone know for certain where the keyless entry code is located on a 2007 Expedition EL Limited and/or whether the paying the Ford dealership to retrieve it by computer is my only option?

Thanks,

Craig
atmme2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2009, 06:31   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2007 Expedition EL Limited Keyless Entry Code

Thank you, Don. I've been all over the driver and passenger side, both, three times with a flashlight and a mirror with no luck.

Sincerely,

Craig
Old 02-16-2009, 12:45   #3 (permalink)

I agree, but the links are broken as it appears the eBay store no longer exists. Searching on eBay is what lead me to the possibility that the code sticker no longer exists on 2007 and new Expeditions, i.e. I only see information being sold for the 2006 and older Expeditions.

My local Ford dealer wants $45.50 to retrieve the code via the computer. I know it will take them all of 5 minutes to do it, but considering the cost of having a business established, having the equipment to do it, and having the people on staff that know how to use the equipment, I consider it a fair price. Also, after all, I did not buy the vehicle from them and it is not their fault that the wallet card with the code on it was not included with our Expedition.

Thanks,

Craig
Old 02-16-2009, 13:51   #4 (permalink)
tvl

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmme2 View Post
Finally, I've noted that people that want to sell you the information usually do not include 2007 or newer Expeditions in their offerings. Additionally, the posts that say they found the code all seem to reference Expeditions older than 2007's.

Does anyone know for certain where the keyless entry code is located on a 2007 Expedition EL Limited and/or whether the paying the Ford dealership to retrieve it by computer is my only option?

Craig

I do believe your assumption of the 5 digit code NOT being stamped anywhere on the vehicle is correct. I looked in the Ford service manuals which I purchased for our 2008 Expedition and here is what is stated:

Each vehicle equipped with a keyless entry keypad is programmed with a 5-digit entry code. This code is provided to the customer on a wallet card in the Owner's Literature package. In addition, this code is available through a scan tool.

NO mention of a code stamped anywhere else on the vehicle and this is the exact same manuals used at the Ford dealership. Once again, these are manuals for a 2008 Expedition.
tvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 14:38   #5 (permalink)

tvl: Thank you for the information. It does support what I have been suspecting since I've been under the dash multiple times on both sides with a flashlight and a dental mirror, without success at finding the code.

Don: Thank you for the idea. It's a free call and all they can do is say no.

Sincerely,

Craig
Old 02-20-2009, 06:31   #6 (permalink)

UPDATE:

First, I got the factory code to my keyless entry. The reason that I did not immediately go back to the dealership where I bought the Expedition is that it was over 100 miles away from me. However, I was in the area on other business this week and stopped in to see them. The dealership did retrieve the factory code via computer. To their knowledge, the factory code is not on any sticker anywhere on the vehicle for the 2007 Expedition. Note that this was not a Ford dealership, so that bit of info is not an official Ford statement.

Second, the person on eBay that was selling the location of the factory code on the 2006 and older Expeditions responded to my inquiry about whether they had this information for the 2007 Expedition. They said no, dealer only. So, I'm assuming that they meant the factory code is only available through the dealer via computer.

Therefore, although no one from Ford has confirmed it, I believe that there is very strong evidence to draw the conclusion that Ford did not put a sticker with the factory code on it in the 2007 Expeditions. Given tvl's post, it would be logical to assume that this applies to the 2008 Expeditions, as well.

Anyway, the above is for what it's worth and your mileage may vary.

Sincerely,

Craig
Old 07-27-2012, 15:17   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmme2 View Post
UPDATE:

First, I got the factory code to my keyless entry. The reason that I did not immediately go back to the dealership where I bought the Expedition is that it was over 100 miles away from me. However, I was in the area on other business this week and stopped in to see them. The dealership did retrieve the factory code via computer. To their knowledge, the factory code is not on any sticker anywhere on the vehicle for the 2007 Expedition. Note that this was not a Ford dealership, so that bit of info is not an official Ford statement.

Second, the person on eBay that was selling the location of the factory code on the 2006 and older Expeditions responded to my inquiry about whether they had this information for the 2007 Expedition. They said no, dealer only. So, I'm assuming that they meant the factory code is only available through the dealer via computer.

Therefore, although no one from Ford has confirmed it, I believe that there is very strong evidence to draw the conclusion that Ford did not put a sticker with the factory code on it in the 2007 Expeditions. Given tvl's post, it would be logical to assume that this applies to the 2008 Expeditions, as well.

Anyway, the above is for what it's worth and your mileage may vary.

Sincerely,

Craig
UPDATE
The fact is the keypad code IS on the vehicle. I just found it on the 2007 Expedition that we bought on Wednesday & again the dealer didn't have any info. It is on what I believe to be the "Computer" behind the passenger side kick panel. You access it by removing the lower door step plate & then the two kick panels. Remove two screws & the "computer"can be pulled out toward the center of the vehicle & the wrinting on it is upside down on the backside toward the outside of the vehicle. In what would be the lower left corner is the code in very small type. Later, Jay
LILDUDE5554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 15:26   #8 (permalink)
Moderators

An old 2009 post , but info may help others .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:47   #9 (permalink)

I saw that it was old but I searched the internet & couldn't find the info & this kept coming up in the search so I thought posting it might help someone else. Later, Jay
LILDUDE5554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:29   #10 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Thanks for the info.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Expedition Forum | Lincoln Navigator Forum